trip computer cant tell me my milage???? HELP !!!

Reaction score
would appriciate sum help please,, basically i fitted a dial kit now putting everthing back together my petrol light is on and my 90miles of fuel has turned into nothing?????

any suggestions pleeeeeeeeeeessssssssse !! thanks

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
how longs a piece of string - what dial kit? what was wrong with the old one? wiring? ECU been properly connected? etc etc

Reaction score
it was 1 off visual proformance< got given to me!! yea every thing was put bac as it was ??

Reaction score
I, like many I suspect, do not understand a word you have written - maybe if you try again, using a spell checker, then you may get some more answers to your question.

Reaction score
well this morning i removed my dash, disconected the battery then i fitted a white dial kit . Then as the dials are back lite i ran the new wires through my lights, then took the car for a run to make sure everything was working correctly. everthing worked fine except my fuel light is now constantly and the trip computer says that my tank is empty which it is not??

sorry my punctuation is rubbish, would be happy to see some helpful post thanks you

Reaction score
At a guess, I'd say the dial set isn't compatible (is it for a 172 cup??) - it's all plug in so unlikely you've done anything wrong. Maybe change back to the originals and see if all is better??

Reaction score
thats what i thought, to just go back to standard but as you probabaly no removing the dials take so long i wanted to see if any 1 elea had experianced a similar problem?? thanks

Reaction score
The box said 182 also the standard plugs are still being used all else i had to do was connect a earth and a live to the lights! this was not even worth doing and they were free should of just binned em !

opionins please could do with a solution ;(

Reaction score
Sounds like the connection for the fuel level is not making, does the fuel level needle show empty aswell? Sounds like the only thing you do is disassemble again, check all connections. Failing that put old one back and if all okay then it must be a compatibility issue. You could try googleing the product for any known issues.

Reaction score
well i have just put £10 in the car and the lights off and the trip comp is reading now, saying 86 miles but yesterday i had 90?? how can this be any ideas?? thanks !!!!

Reaction score
Did you take the car for a 5 minute drive after replugging in?
Dials reset after power disconnected for a period of time, unsure on how long this is for renault but there power source would be constant from the battery connection.
Cars now days all run low voltages in the background they draw very little current so would suggest from disconnection then reconnection the dial just reset and miles to go on tank would more than likely be that fuel has just settled overnight.

Reaction score
liam1610 said:
Did you take the car for a 5 minute drive after replugging in?
Dials reset after power disconnected for a period of time, unsure on how long this is for renault but there power source would be constant from the battery connection.
Cars now days all run low voltages in the background they draw very little current so would suggest from disconnection then reconnection the dial just reset and miles to go on tank would more than likely be that fuel has just settled overnight.
ok thanks,, yea i did remove both battery connections, maybe i should run the car low and it should sort it self out after a while of doing this??? atleast it isnt reading more fuel than is actualy in the tank then id be in trouble :D

now iv just found out my radio code is wrong as that reset !!!!!!!!!!!!! previous owner must have swapped it ;(