Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
oliie said:
keeper said:
Just picked it up they have put a new fuel pump in but don't know if this was the problem . I told them about the group n ecu and they are going to look into putting one on if the car plays up again . They had a 197 in did not like the look to every day .

Renault would fit the Group N ecu for you? Yikes!! Is it programmed by Renault?

O.

The one i had for my 172 Group N ECU's were programmed by R.Sport Ltd (Formerly Radbourne Racing) of South Wimbledon, who are now a Renault dealer I think. They are used by Renault for a lot of the motorsport operations, such as Formula Renault and Clio Cup engines, where they pass them on to ORECA in france (or at least they did last year).

So they are technically a Renault program i guess.

My 182 ECU was reprogrammed by Fastchip (www.fastchip.nl) who have taken the 172 version of the Rsport ECU map and modified it for use on the 182.

Reaction score
Well my dealer says they found a faulty switch on mine which was causing the problem . we'll see in the morning if it starts or not . ( not hopefull).

Reaction score
Wouldnt start again for 2 attempts this morning.Not done it fora while before today

Reaction score
drexel said:
I left my windows down the other day and car unlocked for 5ish hours. Went to lock it and it beeped 3 times. So it cant be due to some ignition thing. Im not going dealers thou

Yes it is, what makes you think that leaving your windows down has any factor on the alarm/locking system.

There is a fault code for it RS_15 i think it is.

Reaction score
polarbert said:
drexel said:
I left my windows down the other day and car unlocked for 5ish hours. Went to lock it and it beeped 3 times. So it cant be due to some ignition thing. Im not going dealers thou

Yes it is, what makes you think that leaving your windows down has any factor on the alarm/locking system.

The car has interior volumetric sensors. Leaving your windows down with the alarm armed will set it off after a certain time if something changes in the car (fly going past sensor etc.).

O.

Reaction score
polarbert said:
drexel said:

wot i meant was that normaly it only beeps 3 times when i have just turned it off. But this time it bleeped after i put my windows up when it had not been on for hours

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
if i leave the car unlocked and the windows down - the car locks itself aftr about 10 mins or so and then sets the alarm off because of the breeze going through the car. Great when it's a hot day and you have to leave the car with the windows up!!