Reaction score
Not to carry on Steve's drunken exploits...... but how many of you think that Steves just too embarrassed to come on to the site today?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
He has actually logged on a couple of times. I suspect he probably feels a bit sheepish but no damage done as far as i'm concerned.

Reaction score
hoolio said:
He has actually logged on a couple of times. I suspect he probably feels a bit sheepish but no damage done as far as i'm concerned.
nor me. i just wanna ask him what he drank last nite. :lol:

Reaction score
I'm betting on Tuaca. He lives opposite a pub that serves it (don't think you can get it anywhere but Brighton still) and it does tend to take you from drunk to ruined without you noticing!

Can't beleive I missed all the action last night!

Where are you Steve

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yeah, come one Steve, where can i get what you'd been drinking? :D

Reaction score
Thread is gone... but I remember posting something about God not making spelling mistakes... :p

O.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
bugger - should have taken a print screen of the thread...... has he been on since.

Nik - change his title from mod to trophy god for a week :)

Reaction score
Yeah, such a shame the poll and discussion threads were unnecessarily removed - the only example of his eloquent posts can be found in the locked(?) thread under the 'site suggestions' section of this site.

As far as i'm concerned there was no harm done either, it was no big deal and provided some laughs - i just hope Steve is ok ;)

P.S.

I believe the people who should be red faced and a little embarassed are the site admin especially after the way they have dealt with this little issue. Please see my thread in the site suggestions section for details of what happened.

I just dont think admin are willing to adress my initial concern (and that of others) regarding the unnecessary removal of the threads/poll which were created discussing what people thought had happened. From memory each of these threads had at least a dozen posts - all gone. As i said previously i can understand why admin might want to tidy up the drunken posts and remove any gibberish or offensive remarks but why remove all traces of this incident? When this course of action is taken it raises the question - was this 'clean up' a one off or is it something that happens frequently on here without anyone knowing? Hopefully not the latter.

If admins 'we thought it was a hacked account' response is to be believed - which seems odd as there was 1 mod and 1 super mod actively posting on the drunken threads before the cleanup - then why not leave the poll/discussion threads alone and use them to put the message across about hacked accounts? i.e. 'Joking aside lads - we have had a case of a hacked account - can you all be extra vigilant with your login details' or 'sorry folks it seems the security on the site is not as robust as we thought, but rest assured we will be making some code changes today that will resolve this' - simple - job done. And if it wasnt a hacked account then where was the harm in leaving the threads alone? All that would remain was for God to make an appearance and tell everyone what he was drinking!

Then within 1hr 20mins of me posting in the 'site suggestions' area i find the post itself has been locked - why I have no idea - i've read the 'forum code of conduct' and dont seem to be breaking any rules with my post. Surely everyone should be entitled to a right to reply? Or does freedom of speech not apply on this site? I do not want to discuss or drag this out any further but surely with admin acting like this all it does is reinforce my initial concerns. If your users have a problem then surely it makes sense to address it and seek to resolve it - rather than hide behind your admin panel?!

I've contacted a few mods/super mods on here requesting my thread be unlocked and this request has been declined - i've been pointed in the direction of admin to address such requests - but it seems despite admin logging in throughout the day - a response is asking too much.

When site admin start behaving strangely e.g. deleting threads, locking posts and cannot or will not justify their decisions or respond to concerns then their user community starts to lose confidence in them - simple fact. I know i am not the only one with concerns relating to the actions of admin since the events of Saturday morning, and over the last week or so i've been posting more regularly but now i'm wondering what the point is - it seems like a great site and community but now i have questions over the way its being run. Quite a shame really. There is also an element of trust when you sign up to these kind of sites e.g. providing personal details, emails, passwords (which are all stored) etc - and at the moment that trust for me is gone because who knows what else might be going on behind the scenes.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
i think this has spiralled out of control. Possibly the reason Nik locked theother thread.

I didn't witness it but from what i hear it was very funny. End of. No harm done, i doubt Steve meant any either (well when sober lol)

If some of it caused offence then you've got to look at the context - the lad was sloshed. Not the first and won't be the last probably.

If the threads are gone, there gone. All we can do is get steve pissed again and hope [-o<

Nik's well within his right to do what ever he did - it's his site, he pays for the band width etc and if irrelevant post take up more band width - costing him money then if i were him i'd have ditched 'em.... Either way i'd have loved to have read them first :(

BC - mountain out of a mole hill. Let's just hope Steve come online soon so we can take the piss :) :lol:

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
If you'd have given me time, you'd have notice i've responded and unlocked the thread for your reply. I do have to work today, i apologise if my response wasn't instant.

Anyone who's been on this site long enough will realise that we hardly do any moderation of posts at all so your theory of us moderating stuff unknowingly all the time is rubbish. You won't find many forums as liberal as this one i can guarantee.

There was nothing wrong with the threads that were removed apart from the fact that they were by or about an incident with a moderator. For that reason i decided not to reinstate them as yes, I would prefer that it had never happened. I hope steve comes back on the site though as I have no problems about it.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
lol just had a thought - you ever seen steve and stromba in the same room at the same time???? :?: ????

maybe he's schizophrenic and only let's Stromba out at night - jeckle and hyde styleeeee..

seriously I think this has been blown out of all proportion.... keep up the good work Nik - take screen pics next time though - i wanna see what he put lol

Reaction score
Nik said:
Anyone who's been on this site long enough will realise that we hardly do any moderation of posts at all so your theory of us moderating stuff unknowingly all the time is rubbish. You won't find many forums as liberal as this one i can guarantee.

something i'd agree with, there are very few occasions where i've had to moderate anything and the number of deleted threads is miniscule...... anyway Steve (signed as a guest account perhaps to view the site since saturday), get yourself back on here if you're reading this!! :p

Reaction score
Hi Guys

First of all, I'm not hiding, I've been in Wales on holiday since Saturday morning and no, I haven't logged on since then, when I did so to apologise to Nik.

I don't find what I did at all funny and I feel quite embarrassed about it, I've told Nik that I don't deserve to be re-instated as a moderator as I have let him and the other moderators down. Basically I don't remember much about what I wrote only that after getting back from a work do on Saturday morning I was wired and couldn't get to sleep so logged onto the site for a bit. The only thing I remember doing was trying to change my rank to God and finding it hilarious at the time. I can't imagine how much I had to drink but it takes a lot to erase my memory, it was a supposed to be a free bar but I still managed to be £100 worse off the next day.

Once again I apologise profusely if I offended anyone and I am glad my posts were deleted, if Day had not have deleted them, I would have. Please don't think badly of Nik or any of the other mods, they are doing a brilliant job and Nik is a great guy who let's us get away with murder compared to other sites, and it is at the end of the day, his site, owned and run by him, with no financial help from anyone apart from the odd owner who buys a sticker. It has only added to my embarrasment that it has caused all this fuss, but it was nice to hear some of your comments in my defence, even though my actions were indefensible, thanks.

Anyone enough of all that nonsense, I had an awesome time in Wales, the Trophy saved my life and I've decided that it's worth holding on to, besides I can cut my living costs elsewhere, perhaps by drinking less.

Regards

Steve G.
(most definitely not God)

Reaction score
Nice roads in wales although never been in the Trophy . Must do something about that.

How did it save your life ? ESP kick in ?