"Sick Week 2024" - USA Drag Racing Insanity!!

photo_ed

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Now I know this won't be everyone's cup of tea.... But there's something I find utterly captivating and mesmerising about the US Drag Racing scene, particularly the week long 'Drag & Drive' events where these lunatics visit a number of drag strips, pulling a little trailer behind their race cars for the quite often lengthy road sections between the tracks. It's all very American and all ever so slightly unhinged, the thought of some of these 6second quarter mile cars tootling about on the public highway is nuts just to start with, then we get into the characters, the breakdowns, the shear engineering in some of these machines.

There are a number of 'Drag & Drives' throughout the year and the best are covered in detail by 1320 Video on YouTube. The latest one, organised by Tom Bailey of 'Sick' magazine has been on this last week and though I'm only up to day 3 of coverage, it's an absolute cracker! If you like cars and very noisy ones at that, it's well worth a watch, perhaps not in the same room as ones better half though, unless they like the violent sounds of high powered V8's interspersed with whooping and hollering of American blokes!! :ROFLMAO:

Sick Week 2024 starts here:

Enjoy!! :D