Shifters ?

Harry 66

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
73652677291__A83BAED1-C9A3-4C74-9324-75E4695BCA4D.jpg

i installed a senic shifter on 66 today with a quaife style nylon knob. i did some tatting on the shifter before installing this included transplanting the internals from a new 182 shifter to the senic shifter and also adding the bend on the shaft to position towards the driver (with the help of a propane torch), i also added a brass bush to the bottom of the shifter this helped with keeping the shift stiff on the up and down movement. The shifter has the same throw as before but makes a huge improvement when driving spiritedly. by having it closer to the wheel.

Next is to get the plastic bush on the box to tighten up the sideways movement when in gear but so far so good. anyone else played around with shifters and whats the experience been?

Also thoughts and opinions on modifications away from oem ? im new to the trophy world and am experimenting but making sure to keep everything reversible if i have a change of heart

Mike256

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
It's looks really good. If it makes the car more special and fun for you then go for it.

How long did it take to swap over the shifters? I have a PMS shifter waiting to be fitted on my trophy.

Harry 66

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
It's looks really good. If it makes the car more special and fun for you then go for it.
How long did it take to swap over the shifters? I have a PMS shifter waiting to be fitted on my trophy.
depends i took my time as the weather was nice, took me about 4 hrs but could be done in 2 hrs. i did a pms on #56 that took a bit longer as it needed to be adjusted on the linkages to get the gears but that takes no longer than 30-40 mins if you know what your doing before hand. the big time saver is not removing the exhaust i had to do this on mine but the pms one and the stock cat on #56 allowed it to slip up the side saving time faffing around trying to undo rusty exhaust bolts.

Mike256

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Thats good to know. It looks like the car has a sports cat and I have access to a lift so hoping I don't have to drop the exhaust.

Harry 66

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Thats good to know. It looks like the car has a sports cat and I have access to a lift so hoping I don't have to drop the exhaust.
Good luck with the install, the pms is a really tidy and tight package you should really enjoy it.