Seat adjustment - broken.......

Reaction score
Just getting out of the car earlier i noticed that the handle on the left hand side of the seat was hanging out further than it should be. Upon trying to fix it i was left with the whole rod mechanism in one hand, and the bit of plastic you turn to adjust the seatback position in the other.

I have now with a bit of playing got it all back together and i am able to adjust the seat back position again.

However, the back of the seat now feels loose, especially when you lean back into it. If i take the car back to the dealers will they know how to sort it? Anyone got any other ideas on how i could fix it without letting the dealer do further damage?

Reaction score
Take it to a dealer and get it fixed under warranty.

You should not have to mess about, and you certainly shouldn't have to worry about what sort of job they'll do.

If the dealers technicians are not capable of dismantling the seat and re-assembling it properly, then they should fit a new seat. They'll probably go for this option anyway because it is easier.

That's their problem, not yours.

Reaction score
MickD said:
Take it to a dealer and get it fixed under warranty.

You should not have to mess about, and you certainly shouldn't have to worry about what sort of job they'll do.

If the dealers technicians are not capable of dismantling the seat and re-assembling it properly, then they should fit a new seat. They'll probably go for this option anyway because it is easier.

That's their problem, not yours.

cheers Mick, i'm just tracking down the local dealers at the moment and seeing who to book it into for their first effort at fixing it