Samco coolant set - anybody fancy a set cheap!

Reaction score
I have a contact on cliosport.net who can get these kits cheap! £150 all in for any colour too. I am thinking of getting one at the end of the month. I was just wondering if anybody else fancies a set and I can pass the mgs on.

Cheers Rich

Reaction score
The full colour chart is on the samco website - The white,camo and other custom colours would be slightly more expensive. But will ask! I liked the urban camo one lol but how long would it stay clean?! haha

Reaction score
I have given him a shout and he said if I got a number together and pass it on to him he would get them sorted and get them for end of the month :) oh and if your wondering...there not stolen!

Reaction score
Rich, what's the chance of them being able to do the bottom coolant hose without the "t" to the heater matrix? if they can then count me in, not sure on colour though :wink:

Cheers
Chris

Reaction score
Chris I'm pretty sure they just use a standard mould for these hoses and whilst it's always worth asking I doubt you'll get much joy.

It will be cheaper to just fit a 180 degree bend where the heater matrix outlet is, or if this isnt to your high standards how about buying a length of samco super flex and trimming it so that it runs direct to the cylinder head instead of going through the matrix. The moulded hoses are to rigid to just bend it back to the cylinder head.

Also not sure if your aware but the square block that holds the two pipes together (6 inches from the heater matrix engine bay side) actually has an opening to flow coolant between the hoses, can only imagine this is incase of a matrix blockage to avoid overpressurising the system, but this link is also replicated on the samco hose kit.

If you come to motoscope on sun I'll show you exactly what I mean.

Steve

Reaction score
anyone? I am definatly getting a set at the end of the month and hopefully BenG will :wink: chance to own a genuine set of samco hose's for very little price!

Reaction score
I'm confused...I've had a look on the samco website and read through a few things...

But still got a few things i dont understand.

If i was to buy say a viper/maxogen system..would i then replace part of that with these samco hoses?...x..y..z

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Laugh if you may...but would somebody please explain what these do..benefits/purpose etc..

The hoses transport coolant around the engine and to and from the radiator. The Samco silicone hoses are supposibly better quality (and come in pretty colours) but how often do you hear about coolant hoses bursting ? Not often! More of a styling purpose I think.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
If i was to buy say a viper/maxogen system..would i then replace part of that with these samco hoses?...x..y..z

You can get Coolant hoses and induction hoses. The induction hose you get with the Maxogen/Viper can be replaced with Samco silicone ones if you wish. The Maxogen comes with a silicone induction hose anyways.

Reaction score
He can get induction hose's too slightly cheaper than the standard price :D I have already chose my colour :wink:

Reaction score
Can still get them - due to money going somewhere else I didn't buy a set, but still on the list!