Reaction score
You can not buy these on there own as they come as part of the shock/ kit.
There is no part numbers on them and they are not made by Renault

Thanks for the info Marc. I have just bought a set of the Twingo dampers (you most probably saw them for sale on CS), based on what you've said then, I won't be able to purchase the dust covers at all?

I thought people were having their original Sachs modified to allow them to fit the dust covers from the Twingo R1 dampers?

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Yes you would.

its like the rear 182 shocks, you can't but the covers on there own and they come as part of the Kit.

i have spoke to BG, monster sport and RUK about these and they can not get them unless a full shock has been bought

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Tommy I will PM you on CS.

auto correct has messed up my answers so will PM you when I'm home

Reaction score
Anyone got a set of boots not on their car to measure them? I need the length of the boot And the internal and external diameter. I can measure shaft diameter myself.

i saw something the other day which might work with fettling.

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
There is something that can work and be used with slight modification.

Going back to the topic without any Auto Corrects.

These items CAN NOT be bought on there own and come part of the damper unit.
I have spoke a number of times to people (Renault Uk, BG Motorsport, Monster Sport & Sachs ZF Germany)

I have even posted the question on the official Renault Sport UK website.

These items where not made by Sachs ZF and they are a Renault part but Renault did these are part of the kit (buying a complete shock) and they where made from an outside company.

After posting the information below to Renault sport and getting a reply i then spoke directly to Sachs who have confirmed its 100% not a Sachs part.

Screen%20Shot%202015-07-27%20at%2017.35.54.png

Reaction score
I see. There are about 5 versions though. I wonder if its worth contacting them. I am not after a set however after hearing how hard they are to find, was on the case.

Reaction score
I think I saw these somewhere, but that was 2/3 months ago. They still not around? They look like they could work IF they can be used with the existing ump stop on the original covers (not much use for those without covers at all)

Again some of those on the link posted above ( you're right there are over a dozen) look like they might be adapted to use with the bumpstop. That seems to be the main problem, that the rod of the damper is considerably thicker than most, so most of those bumpstops will not fit without cutting and I'm uncertain as to the significance of the size and shape of the OE version.

Reaction score
Tommo will you post details and pic once you have them mate.

I was also going to look at the powerflex ones that are for a mini r56. Onyl on the basis of i saw under my mates cooper S and thought that damper looks pretty thick as does that rod. Didn't do any measuing unfortunately.

Reaction score
Maybe if someone had some photos and measurements of the covers, the company that was linked above might have something that would work

Reaction score
Tommo will you post details and pic once you have them mate.

I was also going to look at the powerflex ones that are for a mini r56. Onyl on the basis of i saw under my mates cooper S and thought that damper looks pretty thick as does that rod. Didn't do any measuing unfortunately.

Will do mate, no problem.

Hoping to have them within the next 7-10 days.

Stu

Reaction score
Oh bugger! I'm looking for dust covers and hit this thread... Looks like no-one found a solution? Can anyone help?

Thanks all!

Stu

Reaction score
Appreciate the help Tommo, your pictures are great and really demonstrate the issue. Have you had an issues from cutting the gaiter to size? Just an aside but those dampers look awesome after a refurb, mine went off to Cornering Force on Saturday and have an estimated turnaround of 3 weeks... Hope they come back looking like yours :D

Cheers Stu

Reaction score
Sorry about rejuvenating an old thread but did Renault ever re-release dust covers for the front Sachs?

Also, what are people doing for replacement bump stops?