Reaction score
I will try ringing them nxt week and see what they say. Its just everyones I have seen refurbed have all got blue dials on top???

Reaction score
Just got a set back with the red adjuster still on them.

Spent a few days cleaning up and painting.

My worry is that they probably wont last to another refurb just through corrosion especially on the joint/welds.

Good idea about drilling another drain hole where the spring rests as the current one is not close enough to the strut to stop water pooling.

Reaction score
Oh and the car is so much better with the refurbed set on. I guess I have been running with no damping at all on one side. So very bouncy.

Great now. Ride so much better.

I recommend everyone does this. As my wife now thinks the ride quality is excellent. Its all about your reference point.

I can also see my shiney silver Sachs through the wheels.

Reaction score
im thinking of getting the dampers refurbished maybe sometime early next year. i didnt know if you can drop the car off leave it there for bg motorsport and they take off dampers and get it fixed and put back on and i collect. saying this because i dont have a drive or garage and dont know how to take dampers off ( not good with that sort of stuff). just wanted to know if they could do that and how long would it take? cheers ben

Reaction score
ben182trophy said:
im thinking of getting the dampers refurbished maybe sometime early next year. i didnt know if you can drop the car off leave it there for bg motorsport and they take off dampers and get it fixed and put back on and i collect. saying this because i dont have a drive or garage and dont know how to take dampers off ( not good with that sort of stuff). just wanted to know if they could do that and how long would it take? cheers ben

It is £160+vat per damper for the refurbish and he removes and refits for an extra £140+vat for doing both. he needs them overnight for the loctite and he is located on a secure industrial estate at Silverstone circuit.

Reaction score
It is £160+vat per damper for the refurbish and he removes and refits for an extra £140+vat for doing both. he needs them overnight for the loctite and he is located on a secure industrial estate at Silverstone circuit.[/quote]

cool thanks for that

Jay

Reaction score
Got my shocks booked in for next week as the near side is well and truly worn.

Min'e about to reach 50k and I was wondering if anyone's replaced the rubber mounts at the top of the shocks after a refurb?

Just curious if there's anything else I should be replacing while we're taking things apart:)

Reaction score
My top mounts were changed under warranty before I owned the car (316). Might be worth checking them and replacing or consider putting solid ones in - if, that is, you don't have a bad back or too many fillings.....

Jay

Reaction score
reboot said:
My top mounts were changed under warranty before I owned the car (316). Might be worth checking them and replacing or consider putting solid ones in - if, that is, you don't have a bad back or too many fillings.....
Cheers. Well I gotta be honest, I find the ride hard enough as it is! Although perhaps the front n/s spongy shock is giving it a little extra bounce right now;)

Jay

Reaction score
Suspension will be back tomorrow:) So what with a pair of new mounts from Renault, its cost me around £500 in total.... can't wait to get it back on the road.

Jay

Reaction score
Well the refurbed shocks are back on along with new top mounts and I have to say what a lovely improvement. Although I've not had the chance to blat it yet, the car finally feels like its glued to the floor again, instead driving an over steering bouncy castle.

Big thanks to Ben at BG Motorsport. Great service!

Reaction score
My Sachs are getting refurbed this Thursday/Friday. Very excited about this.

Reaction score
tallandy said:
Just out of interest has anyone had their dampers refurbed elsewhere? I've got a price of friend from http://www.aurok.com/ and it came in at £260.00 for refurbing both front dampers.

Looks like a very good find Andy! I'm sure other similar companies can refurb the dampers...can't be rocket science?

Reaction score
My thoughts exactly I'm sure BG do a sterling job but they do some expensive. The link i posted do all the servicing for Coastal Racing who race in the Clio Cup and Mini Challenge so if they are good enough for racing cars they're good enough for my Trophy :)

My dampers are fine at the moment but when they need the job doing I think i'll give them a try!

Reaction score
I was recommended a place by my aunty's boyfriend who built his suspension for his 600bhp :shock: noble, if they can do that they must be able to re-build suspension? I will try and find the name but i know it was in essex....

Reaction score
It'd have to be very cheap to make me go to somewhere other than BG. Ben's clearly an expert at Sachs dampers and my Trophy was (selling v shortly) worth it.

The second time I went there, I think a lot of places would've given them a clean bill of health - I knew something was up - and it was only a subtle anomaly on the dyno graph that for some reason made Ben zero in on one of the adjusters, heaven knows why. He was right and the car's ride was transformed.

Reaction score
Again - I don't think servicing these dampers is rocket science. Saying that, they still need to be done properly. It would be nice to know there is an alternative company to use.

nby

Reaction score
marrow said:
Again - I don't think servicing these dampers is rocket science. Saying that, they still need to be done properly. It would be nice to know there is an alternative company to use.

I agree and I would advise contacting local motorsport outfits as generally anyone who can re-gas shocks (be it ohlins, eibach etc) can do this! the only "sachs" part they will not have are the seals which they will have to be custom made, I have been told by a local company that it will cost no more than £60-80 per damper all inc.

I will let you guys know the results within a few days as mine are being done as we speak :D

Reaction score
nby said:
marrow said:

I agree and I would advise contacting local motorsport outfits as generally anyone who can re-gas shocks (be it ohlins, eibach etc) can do this! the only "sachs" part they will not have are the seals which they will have to be custom made, I have been told by a local company that it will cost no more than £60-80 per damper all inc.

I will let you guys know the results within a few days as mine are being done as we speak :D

Excellent - which company are you using?