Remap

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Having bought number 499 a few weeks back, I have the engine management light on due to a de-cat.

So I'm mulling over either replacing the exhaust system and fitting a sports cat, or sticking with the one I have and mapping out the CEL light. To add the car on tickover is also quite lumpy.

So question is what map is regarded as giving the best gains?

Cheers

Reaction score
Mappers include:

Paul at RS Tuning in Leeds

Scoff at EFI Parts in Runcorn

Mike at Michael Woodford Motorsport in Staines

Dan at SJM in Glastonbury

K-Tec in Ringwood (nr Bournemouth)

I'm sure there are more. Can anyone think of any other people that have plenty of experience mapping F4Rs?

Reaction score
Not me, they are the only people I would go to, unless you try bbr gti where I went last week, they still do cam packages for the 182

Reaction score
the bang for buck is an rs tuner and 98 ron map, makes the feeble f4r come a bit more lively!

Reaction score
Does the RSTuner device address cold start / lumpy idle at all? I have a feeling I've read somewhere that it improves both.

Reaction score
Yes it improves both. It raises the idle speed by a few hundred rpm and i think alters the fuel/timing slightly. this helps make it feel smoother. Also smooths out the kick around 5000rpm.

Reaction score
I've compared mine with the live map and the RS Tuner as I acquired on the cheap and honestly cant notice any difference between the two, I'd say RS Tuner it unless you're doing other mods that warrant a proper map (RS2, cams, ITBs etc...)

Reaction score
When i originally bought my trophy it idle'd like an old cammed saxo vts, i then put the 98 ron map on it which cured cold starts , increased mpg by about 5mpg and smoothed out the high cam crossover, ran a million times better, all for under £100 iirc !

Reaction score
Thanks guys! Having a VAG background can anyone enlighten me to what the RS Tuner is? And where I can get one?

Cheers

Reaction score
Fastchip.nl

Its a device / software package that allows you to map the car using a laptop and a cal file that they provide, there's a 98ron map and a 98 Ron "pops and bangs" style map

You can either buy new from them or buy second hand on Cliosport and pay for the unlock code + map, a lot of people then sell them on.

There are also a number of useful modules available for other functions such as abs and airbag stuff, its also great for diagnostics and gathering live data on the car.

Reaction score
Fastchip.nl

Its a device / software package that allows you to map the car using a laptop and a cal file that they provide, there's a 98ron map and a 98 Ron "pops and bangs" style map

You can either buy new from them or buy second hand on Cliosport and pay for the unlock code + map, a lot of people then sell them on.

There are also a number of useful modules available for other functions such as abs and airbag stuff, its also great for diagnostics and gathering live data on the car.

Thanks fella!

Reaction score
i actually have one at the moment that i will be selling in the near future once i map the birds Twingo

Reaction score
Bare in mind unlock prices vary depending on the vehicle it was last locked too not the vehicle its being unlocked!! Unlocking from something like a v6 Clio costs double that of a 1*2

Reaction score
Thanks all, managed to get one from cliosport that is brand new and just been used on a 182.

Reaction score
how does it cost more by what car its locked to? an unlock code is a single item for all car types? its a set price.

Reaction score
Different prices for different ECUs, I had a chat with Henk about it, if you look there's a drop down with various prices for various ECUs