Reaction score
So I have designed and fabricated lower rails for the recaro sportster cs seats for the mkII clio. They lower the seats 40mm more than standard rails and are a direct replacement. I am now offering these as a Group Buy for the Recaro Sportster CS seats, the cost will be £250 plus £15 p+p. This will be for 2 pairs of side mounts which will be fabricated from 3mm mild steel material, primed in a satin black finish so you can paint in whatever colour you wish.

If I can get more than 5 interested people the price will be reduced to £220 + £15 p+p

This price would include design, laser cutting, material, folding, fabrication, prep and painting etc.

The only difference between these and the standard Recaro rails is that I use an M12 bolt for fixing the seat belt to the new frames. I will supply the M12 bolts for these.So this group buy has been progressing over on the v6clio.net forum.

Jim has fitted his to the car and he is very happy with them getting the seats 40mm lower than standard.

This is what he has written:-

''Ok, so got to fit these over the w/e, got to say, awesome!, Jonny managed to get a test set fab'd & over to me. Have to say I expected some issues as Jonny did them sight unseen ( just based upon my originals which i sent over to him for comparison ) with no subframe, no test fitting & for a LHD etc.....they fitted first time perfectly yay.gif

I measured up with the old brackets fitted, took some pics & with the new, got about 40mm gain, however to really appreciate this you just have to sit in the seat with the new brackets & feel the difference, it is just amazing. I am 6ft 2'' & have always sat really high up in the seat with the original brackets, high compared to the door card ( when putting my arm there to rest ) & high vs the steering, I always thought it was such a shame, a great seat but way too high!, now tho, it's just great, my only disappointment was that i didn't actually get to drive as it's sorn'd at the moment ( don't think i didn't try to drive it just round the block, alas i also had a flat battery rolleyes.gif ).''

If you register on the v6clio forum you will see all the pictures he has uploaded.
DSC00511.jpgDSC00538.jpgDSC00562.jpg
So if interested in these put your name down on the list:-

Reaction score
Trophy No.
As much as I would love to have a set of these the cost would be astronomical!

I would have to remove the Trendlines, store them somewhere, buy the rails and buy 2 new/second hand sportsters.

I can't see it costing me less than £1300 (2nd hand) - £2000+ (new) just to swap my seats for something that is marginally better.

I like the idea of sitting a bit lower and having more fancy seats, so on that front I think it's a great modification.

Good luck with the sale :up:

Reaction score
Worth every penny mate. Have these fitted with custom rails in my own car and you don't realise the difference until you have sat in the seats with the lower rails

Reaction score
Putting the next batch into production in the next day or 2 so if any more people are interested drop me a PM thanks

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Damn. I'd really love a set of Sportsters but I've never seen a cheap second hand pair :/

Reaction score
could possibly be done send me some photographs of the rails

Reaction score
As said i think the majority of trophy owners would welcome a lower seating position,

But would also prefer to retain the original treadline seats so if this kind of mod could be done for the OE seats

Then i think people would purchase this.Just my thoughts.

Reaction score
If someone can send me photos of the brackets and underside of the seat that would be great thanks

Reaction score
Looks like the Recaro Sportser CS mounts are the same.These are the Sportster CS mountsDSC00399_zps66cf9c40.jpgCan anyone confirm they are the same for the trendline?

Reaction score
Can someone also measure to see if there is 40mm clearance to allow the seats to be lowered by 40mm? Thanks

Reaction score
Just to confirm that these fit the Recaro Trendline seats if you have 40mm clearance below the seat, you will also need the Recaro adjuster bar which slides the seat back and forward as the standard clio handle will probably be fouling the seat after lowering. Putting the next batch into production this week if any more interest.

Reaction score
These are available direct from Recaro. I would prefer to sell in pairs to be honest mate.