Reaction score
Hey,

does anyone know the name of the manager/director of Renault UK, gotta send a letter to him with reference to a complaint about a local Renault garage which decided to take my car on a jolly when i told them they couldn't!!!!

i know his name has been mentioned on here before but cant find it by searching.

cheers

Ollie

Reaction score
theres Jeremy Townsend at Renault sport UK...hes one of the main guys...i've got his direct office number if you want it...

Reaction score
Cheers,

My thinking is it would have to be Renault UK rather than the Renault Sport part due to my complaint being about a Renault garage rather than anything to do directly with the Renault Sport brand.

thanks

Reaction score
Ollie which garage was it? I'm pretty local to you and I have a service coming up soon. Was going to take it to Renault Garage but I definitely don't want them taking my car out for a joyride!

Reaction score
Hi Ollie,

I've had my fair share of problems with Renault. I think you first point of call is logging a complaint with Renault UK's Complaints Team and going from there if the dealership manager does not help. Their number is 08000 723 372.

I hope this helps.

Reaction score
Ossie87 said:
Ollie which garage was it? I'm pretty local to you and I have a service coming up soon. Was going to take it to Renault Garage but I definitely don't want them taking my car out for a joyride!

Its Wokingham Motors, up till this point they have been very good when i have visited them. I have only used them for warranty stuff and travel to Ren-tech in Portsmouth for all my servicing.

Reaction score
Stevie said:
Hi Ollie,

I've had my fair share of problems with Renault. I think you first point of call is logging a complaint with Renault UK's Complaints Team and going from there if the dealership manager does not help. Their number is 08000 723 372.

I hope this helps.

Thanks Stevie.

I have hand delievered a letter to the dealer manager today, so will give him a few days to get back to me with a response. I want to send a copy of the letter to the manager of Renault UK so they are aware, but as you say maybe if i call the complaints department let them know and get the contact details from them.

Reaction score
Whilst it was in they called to say the Technician who was working on the car had to go to Bristol one evening and he wanted to take my car on a long 'test run' to see if the fault with the brake pedal switch activated!
Now working out this would be around 180miles round trip, i said NO!!

I then had a call from the lady on receiption the following afternoon, who informed me that the technician had taken the car and there must had been a misunderstanding!!!!!!

because its really difficult to confuse YES with NO!!!

Reaction score
I've thought about taking my car to Renault for a service before I sell it but this is a classic example of why I'm glad I've decided to buy genuine service bits and get a trustworthy Independant garage to do the work.

Sounds like a case of "Taking without consent".

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
you can have them for theft and driving without insurance if you can prove that as they would need the owners consent for their policy.

That's quite a serious breach of customer etiquette that, Reno should be horrified and send you some compensation through.

Reaction score
Yikes! That is brutal :x
Definitely want to get onto the Manager of that garage! After he/she does nothing its Reno's famed customer support :?
Hopefully it doesn't need to go further than that... that behaviour is pi$$ poor!

Reaction score
son of solo said:
mmmmmm not good...

especially as they person who took it probably drove the nuts of it for the trip! I would not be happy if this was my car! i hope you do take things further as it is not acceptable!

Reaction score
That is shocking, I would threaten to goto the press when making your complaint mate. That'll give them a kick up the arse to give you an apology. I would also ask for compensation.

Let us know how you get on :)

Reaction score
That is shocking and unbelievable as no Renault technician is EVER that thorough when testing/diagnosing a problem!! This is one of the reason why I always make sure that the car is near empty when I take it for servicing/diagnosing.

I hope they resolve whatever issue you have free of charge (unlikely!) and give you a full tank of petrol (also unlikely!!)

Reaction score
I would be :evil: , i had the same thing fixed on my old 182 and all they did was drive it from the garage onto the fourcourt, about 30ft.
I would be taking things further!

Reaction score
Looks like this garage is about as good as the last one i took mine too. took mine to Evans Halshaw Renault in Durham for the cam and aux belts. couple of weeks after took it down the motorway and the arch liner start grinding off the floor. looks under the car and the passenger wheel arch liner is now gone and the drivers side has no srcew holding it to the bumper.

So takes to back to the garage and shows them that its obviously never has any screws in the bumper and the wind has forced it down and smashed it. they agree and order the part in for next day. go back the next and have the part fitted, but then im told they have some bad news. some idiot who pull the car off the ramp managed to smash the front splitter. it was a k-tec one so im having a knightmere getting it replaced.

So had to go back to the garage 4 times when only should have gone 1, and still managed to have a damaged car. i will be putting a complaint into Renault UK once they replace it.

This garage should be avioded at all cost, terrible service in all ways.