Looking for rear Sachs Dampers!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Are you sure about that?

If you find them on eBay they are listed as gas shocks and the Sachs box has Renault Sport stamped on it.

£59.99 the pair.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-04-10-20-35-48.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-04-10-20-35-48.jpg
    556.1 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Reaction score
Yes, it reads as a reminder over the normal 182, but in the context that it's describing the Trophy, it 'could' be inferred as a further increase over the Cup. Although highly unlikely. 'Could' being the operative word.

I'm trying to stretch the truth for the sake of Renault here. Sadly I doubt there is little difference in the rear dampers bar the manufacturer. Just £200 a pair vs. ~£80.
If that was the case then the rear springs would be 15% stiffer on the trophy, but there 182cup springs.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
If that was the case then the rear springs would be 15% stiffer on the trophy, but there 182cup springs.

Correct, the article reminds you of the difference on the Cup over the standard 182, and the Trophy is based on the chassis setup of the Cup other than the front shocks, but perhaps just not the rears?

Perhaps they both have Cup springs for a reason?

Reaction score
Are you sure about that?

If you find them on eBay they are listed as gas shocks and the Sachs box has Renault Sport stamped on it.

£59.99 the pair.
Taken from the add
This listing is for a brand new OEM quality pair of Sachs Boge rear gas filled shock absorbers for the rear axle
But the picture shows oil shocks as the rods would be fully extended if gas filled.
If you go on the sachs website they list them as oil filled and fitting 1.2 to 182 an error when 172 182 and 182cup are all different when bought from Renault.
These ones, yellow and blue sticker relate to the paint marks on the front 182 cup spring.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renault-C...771624?hash=item3f66640928:g:LS4AAMXQR4FRlOiq

Reaction score
The Sachs rears are definetly "harder" than the OEM Cup Pack Dampers! Just had a back to back comparison. The car is much more precise to drive and tail happy with the Sachs Trophy dampers than with the usual cup.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I'm going to have to get new type, old type and Koni over to Rik to run the rule over then maybe we will start to get some definitive answers.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I'm going to have to get new type, old type and Koni over to Rik to run the rule over then maybe we will start to get some definitive answers.

This will be very interesting to know. Keep us posted.

My gut instinct is the original silver / grey will give a better dampening result than the new black, but let's wait and see.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
The Sachs rears are definetly "harder" than the OEM Cup Pack Dampers! Just had a back to back comparison. The car is much more precise to drive and tail happy with the Sachs Trophy dampers than with the usual cup.

Is this original Sachs or the new black replacements?

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I think I'm right in saying that the 182 cup dampers come with the top mount nuts. The Sachs don't come with these and I'm wondering if anyone has bought a set and can confirm that the thread size is M9 x 1.0, same as the Sachs? I need 2 nuts but I'm struggling to find some.

Reaction score
Afaik.. or more to the point remember. Yes standard rears come complete inc nut.

Pretty sure I bought a set to swap onto 120 when I owned her along with news rears Sachs.

Leaving me just the rear cup shocks. And old mounting parts.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I went to the dealers earlier and on the parts diagram it displayed the complete assembly for the rear dampers (including nuts etc) but none of it could be purchased separately. Not really a problem except that the Sachs are an M9 x 1.00 which are like hens teeth. I was curious if the 182 cup dampers have the same thread, I would assume so.

The Koni dampers I had fitted previously have an M12 x 1.25 thread so I couldn't reuse the nuts.