Looking for rear Sachs Dampers!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Ben, the only reason I would consider doing this is not necessarily for just the bushes but for the dust covers. They don't seem to be quite as exposed to the same amount of crap the the fronts see and the price not as onerous if they have to be replaced due to damage, but I would prefer to keep them as mud free as possible and how long are these going to be available for?

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I'd imagine that if Renault supplied the rear damper bushes they would be around £20/£30. If you add in the price of the plastic covers then you wouldn't get much change from the £80 you would pay for the cup rear dampers, i guess that would make sense. I just think that the majority of OEM bushes on the Trophy are not that great in quality. I wouldn't bother too much about replacing bushes with original spec if they're easy to come by but the rear damper bushes aren't, that's why I opted for the powerflex bushes. I can't see the logic in buying cup dampers just for the bushes, which aren't that great, unless you're being really fussy about keeping everything original. I didn't know they also came with the covers, mine are ok still. I should imagine they will last a while longer.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Have a set of the shock rubber protectors, all spring cup rubbers and the rear top mount bushes if anyone wants them?

The plastic covers have had very little use, but the top mount bushes are not the best condition.

Drop me a pm as I've had these sat around in the garage without realising.

Attachments

• DSC_0262.JPG
    DSC_0262.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 15
  • DSC_0263.JPG
    DSC_0263.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 15
  • DSC_0265.JPG
    DSC_0265.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 15
Reaction score
Sorry for my stupidness. Would my old bushes be ok? Or is it necessary to replace as I'm doing everything else?

Link to the powerflex ones pls?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Trophy No.
still would love somone to dyno a new set.. against say 182 cup shocks.... considering a trophy has 182 rear spings.

"ahh but Sir thats a £120 sachs sticker on them"

The Trophy is based on the Renaultsport 182 Cup with several technical changes. The suspension is based on the Clio Cup set-up. As a reminder, over the normal Renaultsport 182, this has lower ride height, stiffer springs (20% front, 15% rear), re-rated dampers (+20% front, +10% rear), strengthened front wheel hub carriers and revised steering geometry.

The Trophy suspension is lowered a further 10mm at the front with shorter springs. The dampers are supplied by Sachs Race Engineering and have a unique damping force/velocity curve. Normally only used in competition cars, these dampers cost 10 times more than a conventional road car damper and feature a remote reservoir to accommodate nearly 50% of the oil and gas.

This still doesn't answer the question sadly.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Trophy No.
No not done them yet.. But in a nutshell I did new cup vs new trophy rear... Next to nothing in it..

I'd be up for doing a koni if anyone can spare one ....

Interesting, I wonder if the older version are spec'ed differently? I have both.......

Reaction score
For sure Rik, about a million other things to worry about.

I did put them on 120 but admit I always had a gut feeling it was unnecessary. 147 too much of a part timer to be treated to such niceties ;)