Reaction score
Got the car on Saturday - filled her on empty to full on Optimax (£44!!)

Ive done nearly 200 miles and its nearly on empty :'(

£44 in my old golf diesel woulda got me just over 400 miles!!!

Reaction score
That doesnt sound right though i guess it depends on whether or not you were driving rather spiritedly ;)

You should actually get more miles out of a tank of Optimax too - what consumption is your computer showing as a rough guide?

Reaction score
330 miles on a tank, was on the motorway cruise and the fuel light was on for about 10 miles until the next petrol station.

Scary stuff, I wont go so close to disaster again!

Reaction score
Depends on your motorway speed.

I sat @ 65-75ish mph for a 100 miles & was seeing just over 40mpg

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
yeh I once showed 11.2 gallons, 423 miles since I left the petrol station, 32 miles still to go before it ran dry.... then it stopped - ran out of fuel. First and last time that's ever happened - lesson, never trust the computer.

I'd struggle to believe anyone could beat this as the whole tank was done at 55 mph, in neutral when going down hills to save on engine braking and accelerating like a grandad.

Worst I've had was 230 miles on a full tank - that was round a track!!! god knows how you've done a full tank in 200 miles! Has it been stuck in first?

Reaction score
Well I'm pretty confident that I'll win this - 415 miles! That was on the motorways between Brighton and Bowness-on-Windermere and then some driving around the lakes up there. There was a lot of luggage in the boot and two people. I had the speed limiter set on 75 most of the way. It should give confidence to those who are not sure about getting the re-map due to fuel consumption, I never got close to this before the re-map.

I think if you drove on the motorway at 55mph all day you could see closer to 500 miles, the Trophy's fuel consumption is extremely dependent on how you drive it. I'm getting no more than 250 miles at the moment because I'm enjoying my B-road commute to work!

hon bris - are you using fourth and fifth gear? Probably find you've got another gallon and a half to go if you're going by the fuel light, so it'll end up being around 250, which is pretty average.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Often don't see much more than 250 with stop/start driving interspersed with with a bit of hooning and you'll probably find you've got another 50/60 in the tank. Anyway you've just got the car so are entitled to be a bit heavy on the go pedal. :)

Reaction score
Yep very "spirited" driving...still got a bit left in the tank but went for another drive last night and now im on 250 miles. So thats not too bad actually - probably do 280 miles hopefully.

To be honest, ive got a bit of a heavy right foot so its no wonder my first tank went so easy...out of curiosity...do most people fill it up on the good stuff as suggested or just the standard 95 RON stuff?

Reaction score
hon_bris said:
Yep very "spirited" driving...still got a bit left in the tank but went for another drive last night and now im on 250 miles. So thats not too bad actually - probably do 280 miles hopefully.

To be honest, ive got a bit of a heavy right foot so its no wonder my first tank went so easy...out of curiosity...do most people fill it up on the good stuff as suggested or just the standard 95 RON stuff?

That doesnt sound too bad then - you might find your economy will increase the sooner you get that nasty exhaust and induction kit off ;)

I always fill mines up on the good stuff though it all comes down to cost & personal preference and i do believe they will work ok on 95ron.

Reaction score
Only the good stuff, never used 95 in mine and never will. Went through a period of using Tesco's 99, but after the recent debacle I will only be using Optimax.

Reaction score
I very rarely fill mine up, usually £25-30.

Don't see the point of carrying dead weight :lol:

Not really interested in what mpg it's doing either because if i was i would buy a diesel.

It's a performance car, why not make use of it \:D/

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
I seem to only get 240ish and the computer is averaging 33MPG with V-Power every thime i fill up...

Don't see the point of carrying dead weight

Not really interested in what mpg it's doing either because if i was i would buy a diesel.

It's a performance car, why not make use of it

^^^^ I agree!

Reaction score
g40steve said:
It's a performance car, why not make use of it \:D/

Um, a 1998cc four cylinder naturally aspirated 1090kg performance car, that should see 35mpg if you want it to. If you think you've got it bad, try being a Focus ST driver, slower car and you're lucky to see 25mpg if you're careful. 15 with the GGR map. :lol:

Reaction score
230 miles is my average. best i've seen is 242 miles, running religiously on v-power, trying to drive easy, but you know how it is....Don't ever get above 28mpg on computer

Reaction score
I had a run from Brighton to Bournemouth and back for work yesterday and thought it would be a good chance to actually look at a the true mpg rather than the car's idea of it!

Came out at exactly 28.5mpg which made me laugh tbh. £30 for 200 miles

Seeing as it was a fairly spirited drive I was fairly impressed tbh. I rarely see over 25 normally. :oops: :lol:

Reaction score
My recent drive from Inverness to Anglesey (nearly 600 miles) took just under a tank and a half of fuel and a npg reading of 37.3, but this was all motorway driving.

Reaction score
bryntech said:
230 miles is my average. best i've seen is 242 miles, running religiously on v-power, trying to drive easy, but you know how it is....Don't ever get above 28mpg on computer

Hi, thats about how much my 182 does think I just got 268 out of the last tank, normally lasts about 2 weeks.. Filled up yesterday and cost me £45 was not impressed, used to be £40!! I normally avarage 26-28mpg.

Rob w.