JMS RS2 Intake

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I guess we will see.... I like the idea of stronger torque curve ... But at the price you would be well on the way to a low boost conversion..
For me it's about keeping the mods easy to reverse and if I didn't like it prices seem strong to sell it on..

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Are they realy worth the ££££.?

I always thought the bang for buck was borderline not worth it but having said thatI would like to try it, certainly the extra grunt earlier down the range will be welcome. Also as above it is an easily reversible addition and resale values have always been buoyant.

Reaction score
The initial outlay is fairly significant but as said, the resale prices are strong and it's an easily reversible mod.

While the uplift in power/torque isn't huge, the way the car drives is altered in such a positive way and it's without compromise - no loss of air con or cruise control, no additional strain on the 'box.

Since #455 had an RS2 fitted 4+ years ago it's been mechanically faultless.

If you can afford it you can't lose.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Lifted directly from the FB site. I guess they won't mind,

What advantage does an RS2 offer?

We have this question asked alot, so here is a bit more of a detailed explanation:

The RS2 offers a performance advantage in many ways:

The system thrives off revs, so while it offers more power at all revs it's quite common to find a good power increase at the higher end of the rev range

The system also offers a torque advantage, but in a different way to most; the standard Clio 172/182 provides a peak of around 150lb ft of torque usually for around 300rpm or so (and usually around 5500 rpm).

The RS2 doesn't usually give a peak increase in torque - it provides the same circa 150lb ft of torque except it provides this figure usually from 2700rpm right through to 7000+rpm.

So to elaborate on this a little further, this means you gain an average of 20+ lb across the entire rev range and have this extra torque available at any revs at any point (bar the 300 or so rpm the standard car can do).

Below is a dyno graph of a Clio 172 Cup with an aftermarket exhaust fitted and then when tested again the the RS2 fitted.

As you can see, while increasing BHP to a much more respectable level, torque has been improved over the entire rev range.

Lastly, the design of the RS2 means you have greatly improved driveability - the power and torque lines are extremely smooth, giving the feel of a much larger engine.
15697542_1345626135488273_6252973720313865005_n.jpg

With regards to final figures, we do not guarantee any results.

This is due to our experience with the Clio F4R engine and how results can vary due to the following:

Power outputs can vary greatly from one car to the next (some identical cars we have seen make 20 bhp difference!)
Camshaft timing can make a huge difference.
The quality of the person mapping the RS2 and their knowledge of how to get the best out of it
What make of rolling road you use.

All this and more can vary results.

Saying this, we would expect the results to be somewhere in the window of 185bhp - 195bhp on a realistic dyno. (Bear in mind on a realistic dyno the average power output for a clio 172/182 is actually around 165-170bhp)

The average power increase seems to be around the low 190's bhp mark, while some good cars have got around the 200bhp.

Whatever the result due to the way the intake is designed as long as it is mapped and fitted correctly it will improve the cars performance and driveability.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Does anyone know the details of the group buy on ClioSport. My membership has lapsed and I'm being lazy/a skinflint.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I need to email Dan about a service and have been putting it off and off and off waiting for this. I'll see what he says.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
End of January chaps... it's happening very soon. Russ and Dan are good friends of mine and had to deal with a load of crap in getting them to market. Almost there! :)

Reaction score
I heard £995 for parts or £1395 fitted and mapped, although I might be making the last bit up.

Been following the RS2 keenly and it's been 'coming soon' for such a long time now. I hope it does happen, it's such a good product.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
The initial outlay is fairly significant but as said, the resale prices are strong and it's an easily reversible mod.

While the uplift in power/torque isn't huge, the way the car drives is altered in such a positive way and it's without compromise - no loss of air con or cruise control, no additional strain on the 'box.

Since #455 had an RS2 fitted 4+ years ago it's been mechanically faultless.

If you can afford it you can't lose.

Mine's still going strong Tim.

Mine didn't make anywhere near 190bhp, more like 177bhp and 150lb/ft at 2600rpm.

Here are some graphs for comparison...

Standard engine.

IMG_0775.JPG

ITG Maxogen
Exhaust System
Remap (before/after)

IMG_0777.JPG

JMS RS2

IMG_0776.JPG

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I should add that i've reset the timing since then and it has made a noticible difference to the top end, It seems to keep on pulling now where as before it felt like it was dropping off slightly, there's been little to no difference in the low/mid range but that's always felt strong with the RS2, it's a flying machine on the back roads, especially if you keep the revs high.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I should add that i've reset the timing since then and it has made a noticible difference to the top end, It seems to keep on pulling now where as before it felt like it was dropping off slightly, there's been little to no difference in the low/mid range but that's always felt strong with the RS2, it's a flying machine on the back roads, especially if you keep the revs high.

Do you have the tools to check the Cam Timing Ben ?? Or did you get someone to do it ??

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Do you have the tools to check the Cam Timing Ben ?? Or did you get someone to do it ??

Yes I bought all the genuine Renault tools required to change the timing belt. I've still got them. To check the timing you just need the 'horse shoe' type tool that slots between the grooves in the ends of the camshaft and the crankshaft locking pin. Some people just use a drill bit or similar but that's a bit risky. You're more than welcome to borrow them if you want...

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I'd be very interested to borrow them and check mine .. no rush tho .. when you send the dampers that would be cool ..

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Has anyone else seen the FB post by Russ closing S.W. autos. Where does this leave the JMS relaunch?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I passed on one just before xmas, with hindsight that was probably a mistake. Time to push on with the cams maybe......