Reaction score
I thought it might be an idea to see what little gadgets etc people have added to their Trophy's. The kinda things that are slightly less expensive than new exhaust systems ( :wink: ) but are nonetheless fun and could be useful to some people!

I've added a Dension Ice Kit to mine so now I have my iPod wired and ready for sound 8) - got that from http://www.caraudioplus.co.uk/iPod_Car_ ... ccessories. Would recommend that for anybody who wants thier iPod installed.

Also, got the CG Lock from http://www.cg-lock.co.uk/.

New bulbs all the way round from http://www.powerbulbs.co.uk/ - The Osram's are fantastic, makes such a difference!

That's all I can think I've done so far . . . . . . . just little things!!! :p

Reaction score
Silver vision bulbs and a RAA club lock (from South Australia... that'll throw off all the UK thieves!!!) ;)

O.

Reaction score
Done quite a few upgrades already most of them are listed in the garage.

Silvervision are a must and the Osrams do make a big difference, worth all the grief to fit.

I've also got the CG-Lock, have owned one for nearly 2 years now.

Just sorting out a modest stereo install, will post pics when finished.

Although the most useful mods have got to be the intermittent Wiper Stalk and the cargo boot net!

7MAT

hyb

Reaction score
Silvervisions de tango'd, Alpine mp3 head unit, Seido mount for my treo 650 with tomtom.

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
ICE:
Sony MP3 head unit,
Dension DMP3-A 80GB hard disk MP3 player,
Sony RMS-4X Remote Stalk,
Alpine 6x9's, Stealth shelf.

Sat Nav:
HP iPaq 4150 PDA,
TomTom wired GPS Receiver,
TomTom Navigator 5,
Seido PDA Mount.

Trackday:
Sony Super EXVIEW CCD High resolution bullet camera
Sony TRV-22E MiniDV Camcorder
LANC Sport Remote

Other stuff:
Silvervisions,
£4.99 Argos rubber car mats!!! Woo!

Reaction score
Just my index finger on my right hand...to turn off the damn ESP!

Reaction score
Posts like this ought to be banned :^o . They give me all sorts of ideas for how to damage my bank balance! ](*,)

To date "you lot" are to blame for:
1) Lights (Osrams silverstars H1 & H7, Silvervisions & Bluevisions (which aren't blue thankfully!))
2) Intermittant wiper stalk
3) Pro S oil
4) CG lock

Now pondering the different brake upgrade routes.. I guess the above is justifiable on the basis of safety or looking after the engine. But doesn't wash with the bank manager!

More importantly however; in an attempt to add something to this thread! The other things I have in the car which are worthwhile in my view:

1) Window breaking hammer ("Lifehammer" I think it is called)
2) Fire extinguisher
3) Hi vis waistcoat (I know they look stupid, but people do see you! Which I think justifies it)
4) Three cell maglite
5) Electric tyre inflator (aswell as the foam stuff of course). The exhaust is nice, but what no spare wheel! Weight saving is the only vaguely justifiable reason I suppose.

On the subject of saving weight wheel wise; came across this the other day
http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=1963
6.8kgs per corner vs 8.4kgs (I think) for the Speedline Turini. Got my mind thinking about reducing unsprung weight. They would be fun with some formula R tyres....

hyb

Reaction score
I'd save your money with the maglite and go for a Surefire 6P. Much brighter, smaller and lighter, plus it'll fit in your glove box.

6pblack.jpg

Reaction score
hyb said:
I'd save your money with the maglite and go for a Surefire 6P. Much brighter, smaller and lighter, plus it'll fit in your glove box.

6pblack.jpg

I have had the maglite years, from back when they were the market leader. In terms of brighter smaller lighter I'm sure your right.

Reaction score
Apart from the ICE which is detailed else where, I've hard wired my road angel and installed an additional 12V socket in the glove box.

I also invested in some velcro pads to secure my tyre foam stuff and wheel nut 'keys'!

I'm thinking of lining the glove box with something so as to reduce the rattles from within....

Reaction score
MikeyC said:
Where do you hide the Fire extinguisher?!?!

Behind drivers seat in that bottle holder at front of rear seat. It is 1.5ltrs so slots in very neatly. Whilst more importantly being within reach when I am in the drivers seat. Takes me about three seconds to have "at the ready".

Some passengers are quite taken a back by it when they see it!

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
T23PHY said:
what's the mod to the intermittent wiper stalk?

Basically for some reason the wiper stalk fitted to the Trophy is the absolute base model version which has no adjustment for the speed of the intermittant wipe. You can however simply swap it for one which does (i.e. from a full fat 172/ 182 or dynamique)

More info in the How To Guide here:

http://cliotrophy.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=505

One of the best mods you can do, its so much nicer when driving in the rain now!!

Reaction score
Nik said:
T23PHY said:
what's the mod to the intermittent wiper stalk?

Basically for some reason the wiper stalk fitted to the Trophy is the absolute base model version which has no adjustment for the speed of the intermittant wipe. You can however simply swap it for one which does (i.e. from a full fat 172/ 182 or dynamique)

More info in the How To Guide here:

http://cliotrophy.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=505

One of the best mods you can do, its so much nicer when driving in the rain now!!

Nice one cheers - just reading the thread on it now. Tempted but not sure I have the confidence or ability to do it myself!!

Reaction score
TOMTOM GO GPS

WARNING: dont wast your money on TOMTOM GO maps unless you are aware that the so called NEW MAPS on there website (12/2006) are 2 years out of date already...

Ive just PAID for (New UK and Ireland) these so called new maps that are already out of date on purchase... I was told by TOMTOM that the previous version maps were 5 years out of date, and I should have done more research before purchasing there product!!!

Reaction score
If you're thinking about getting a Sat-Nav and your phone contract is nearly up, have a look at the Xda Orbit on www.o2.co.uk , I just got one and it comes free with CoPlot software and all the stuff to mount it in the car and works brilliantly. A guy I'm working with at the moment went on a road trip to france earlier in the year and the other cars in the convoy with top of the range devices and mercedes built in systems were making mistakes and getting them lost all the time, when he used the CoPilot on his Xda Exec they didn't take a wrong turn. It even has the option to update constantly from the internet to automatically re-route around traffic jams.

£400 - Sat-Nav system, £99 a year subscription, £40 a month for a phone.

£50 and £40 a month for an Xda with Sat-Nav, that is a phone as well as computer( with all the microsoft programs), radio, e-mail, full internet and 2.0M pixel camera.

I should have been a salesman.

No, it doesn't make you breakfast, but it can internet order a russian bride that will.

Reaction score
Cue said:
what do these CG-locks do?

The CG-Lock basically locks your seatbelt in place across your waist (kinda like an airplane seatbelt) and provides stabilty at your "centre of gravity" when driving. Having used one driving around Nurburgring my personal opinion is that they're really good. The makers claim it provides up to 80% effectiveness of a harness. Full info can be found here http://cg-lock.co.uk/index.html