Full Sachs set up Front & Rear

Reaction score
I brought the below in the past month, the intention to use with a Trophy that had had its Trophy Suspension removed and replaced with a Cup set up. Amazingly (if that's the word..) the car was sold from underneath me with a day of buying the Sach.... :mad:

As such relisting for the price I paid. no rush will otherwise sit on the set up for a while, but a good deal for someone in a similar position if looking to return a Trophy to standard state should it of lost its Sach's or for spares.

Original detail is below £500 no offers. £35 to post or welcome to collect from Oxfordshire.

What i have here is a "Full" Trophy OE suspension set up for any 182 Cup or Trophy.
What you see in the picture is what you will get which consists of the following.

Genuine Front Sachs Dampers
Genuine Dust Covers / Bump Stops
Genuine Trophy Eibach Springs (Standard yellows)
Genuine Top Strut Mounts

Genuine Rear Sachs Dampers
Genuine Trophy Rear Springs (Cup Packed)
Genuine Spring Seats

1 x Full Set of Genuine Sachs Stickers.

These all came from a clio Trophy with 46K on the clock and i have no proof or refurbishment from the usual suspects (BG or CF)
There is no leaks and still look in good condition although the front springs do have the yellow paint flaking from them and some surface rust on the dampers themselves.

zur3o1.jpg

33wxog0.jpg
2vmy3c7.jpg

Reaction score
I believe they are oxford way.
Can you tell visually that Sachs need refurbished?
GI60..it might be worth removing the springs. Not that its any guaruntee but my spare set which i bought needing refurbishment one has obviously collapsed compared to the other.

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
I would 100% say that these need refurbished before they where put on any car and i would strongly advise that this was done before any fitting.

Even at £400 these are complete steal and worth every penny as these dampers alone are £1600 each.

Full Set = £400
Full Refurb = £1000 (possibly cheaper)

= £1400

That is still cheaper than one damper alone.

Reaction score
I believe they are oxford way.
Can you tell visually that Sachs need refurbished?

Yes you can. Any sign of oil and the reservoir rises up to touch the bridge between it and the main body of the damper. On a good one there is a gap. The above is if the springs are still in place if they are removed failure is obvious.

Reaction score
These are sold assuming refurbishment and haven't been positioned otherwise. Refurb is circa £500. post the end of this month I will retain, those PMing £300 offers etc or £250 just for the fronts etc. I appreciate the interest but the offer price is the offer price and expires on Sunday. Thanks

Reaction score
Just for feedback reg refurbishment from BG;

"There isn’t really a ‘standard’ charge to re- build as it really depends on the condition of the struts, although most of the sets we’ve seen work out to cost around £430 per pair (incl. VAT and return carriage),based on the springs being removed and the dampers cleaned before they arrive here. If we are to remove the springs and clean it adds a little to the cost.

The service includes a full strip and de- grease, inspection of working parts, replacement of all sliding seals and bushes with genuine Sachs parts and a pair of dual seal gas cap that we have developed specially for the Trophy. They are then re- built with new oil (obviously) and nitrogen charged, then dyno tested to ensure a good match left to right.

However, of late we are starting to see some shafts that are scored and need changing. If they need a new shaft/shafts then there will be an additional cost of £120 each, but we only change these if absolutely necessary and we will always discuss with you first.

We are able to provide a drop off service for your car, but we need it at least over night to allow a thread locking compound to set before rebuilding the dampers. With the removal and refitting this works out to around £625 (incl VAT) for the standard service.

If it is of interest we also offer a compression adjuster upgrade. The original adjuster assembly is pinned in place on the Trophy so we can replace it with a genuine Sachs Race Engineering working assembly which allows you to adjust the level of compression adjustment either to soften it to make for a more comfortable ride on bumpy B roads or stiffen it for more spirited driving conditions. The cost of this adds another £170 per pair, incl VAT to the bill.

Finally one other ‘optional extra’ we can now offer is for the struts to be powder coated to make them look like new as well as offering some protection from corrosion. If you choose to have this done it adds about 3-4 days to the time we need the dampers as well as £120 (incl. VAT) per pair to the bill. I have attached a couple of photos to showing the ”before and after”."