Reaction score
Where can you buy the Magnetti Morelli boot struts from? Am fed up resting the boot on my head getting stuff out of the boot of the T lol

Reaction score
I just preferred the end caps of the Morelli ones being black, the same as the OE items. It seems that the caps for the SGS ones are now silver. Plus the SGS ones are more expensive too.

Reaction score
I just preferred the end caps of the Morelli ones being black, the same as the OE items. It seems that the caps for the SGS ones are now silver. Plus the SGS ones are more expensive too.

The SGS Trophy-specific struts have black plastic caps on both ends. But they are more expensive.

Reaction score
The SGS Trophy-specific struts have black plastic caps on both ends. But they are more expensive.

+1 to this, i think you will find it is the Audi ones that people were fitting with the silver ends(same ones i ordered) and then found out they do the correct trophy ones, which i fitted on Tue

Reaction score
+1 for the SGS, they've been on my car for a week now and they're spot on. Ordered at lunchtime and delivered the next day.

No more boot falling on my head. YES!

Reaction score
+1 for the SGS, they've been on my car for a week now and they're spot on. Ordered at lunchtime and delivered the next day.

No more boot falling on my head. YES!

Just to add - my SGS Clio Trophy struts:
1. do not fully open the boot, they stop half way along their travel so I need to push the final half with my hand
2. they also creak when I close the boot
I am now having to return to SGS - a right pain!!
Anyone else have similar problems?

Reaction score
Just to add - my SGS Clio Trophy struts:
1. do not fully open the boot, they stop half way along their travel so I need to push the final half with my hand
2. they also creak when I close the boot
I am now having to return to SGS - a right pain!!
Anyone else have similar problems?

Yes to point 1. I was going to start a post to ask exactly this. Did they confirm that they should fully open the boot?

Reaction score
Ahhhh.

What I didn't realise when I ordered was that you need to match an OE part number with the numbers on the SGS site to get the right part. It seems surprising to me that there could be options for a Trophy (a Trophy is a Trophy is a Trophy no?) but I am guessing that one has higher gas pressure than the other - hence why my boot isn't lifting fully without a bit of help.

SGS will increase the pressure FOC so at least that's good of them.

So - is there not 1 single part no. for the Trophy tailgate struts!?

Reaction score
I have ordered the black Magnetti Morelli ones for £21.00 delivered, hope they are ok as fed up getting the tailgate bonk me on the head whilst putting stuff in/getting stuff out of the boot! lol.

Reaction score
Ahhhh.

What I didn't realise when I ordered was that you need to match an OE part number with the numbers on the SGS site to get the right part. It seems surprising to me that there could be options for a Trophy (a Trophy is a Trophy is a Trophy no?) but I am guessing that one has higher gas pressure than the other - hence why my boot isn't lifting fully without a bit of help.

SGS will increase the pressure FOC so at least that's good of them.

So - is there not 1 single part no. for the Trophy tailgate struts!?

I had the same problem even after specifying the Clio 182 Trophy specific struts - would only lift half way and also creak on boot closure. Not impressed with SGS so far.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I have had my SGS Clio 182 Trophy specific struts for a long time in the garage (far too long to go back to SGS). Nonw they're fitted I have the same problem - boot flies up violently for first half of travel and then opens fully at a slower speed. Creaks most (but not all) of the time when closing.

Reaction score
I had the same problem even after specifying the Clio 182 Trophy specific struts - would only lift half way and also creak on boot closure. Not impressed with SGS so far.

Right then, this old chestnut of a topic - I returned my 'not working' struts back to SGS who tested and confirmed they are correctly set at 340N. However, having viewed the video I sent them of my boot opening (or not as the case) they agree they are not right and are going to increase the force to 400N. They think the creaking is a result of the strut being under-forced. I expect the new and improved struts this Friday... will update when fitted. What a palaver!!!!

Reaction score
Be interested to hear the outcome on this. Is it just the latest batch of SGS struts that are like this or are they all the same?

Still pleased with the Morelli ones which are fine.

Reaction score
Right then, this old chestnut of a topic - I returned my 'not working' struts back to SGS who tested and confirmed they are correctly set at 340N. However, having viewed the video I sent them of my boot opening (or not as the case) they agree they are not right and are going to increase the force to 400N. They think the creaking is a result of the strut being under-forced. I expect the new and improved struts this Friday... will update when fitted. What a palaver!!!!

I look fwd to hearing whether this sorts it as I've not yet removed mine to send them back.

The pain we go through for the greater good eh! ;)

Reaction score
Trophy No.

Hang on a sec, if they are re gassing units then why can't they do ours?