Reaction score
One of the small steel brackets holding the ECU in place has cracked. Is there a fix? Its a Group N ECU which I got from GDI a few years ago, should I just have a word with them? Thanks for any help.

Reaction score
9/10 seem to be cracked, I've seen a small mecano type fix on one or two! Otherwise probably a new carrier, but with anti theft Torx they are unusually time consuming to change over.

Reaction score
Corneyman, do a search and you'll find lots of info. I had mine break, as have loads of others, and got it fixed under warranty. If you replace it sandwich the new bracket between two large washers. I think various people have put pictures up too.

Make sure you order the correct part number. Renault manged to get it wrong twice when they replaced mine!

Part number: 8200067223

Renault have a habit or ordering battery brackets...

Reaction score
Wow cant belive it just had a look at bracket and mine has broken 2 ill be calling the dealer in the morning now for 2 things brought car from them in december and covered 2k in it since.then today i decided to paint my calipers.when i removed the rear wheels i was greeted with no brake pads on the rear at all, what happened at the PDI check

Reaction score
those "so called" checks the dealers say they do to used cars are pure bullshirt....
im thinking back to a 2nd hand TT my wife bought before the R27...we counted up 15 times it went back to the garage in the year we had it, alot of the things were so obivous i cant belive they were missed!!!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I cannot believe that anyone can sell a car without rear pads. Surely that should activate a warning light. Very odd.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
son of solo said:
discs probably shot now too...

Will the pistons actually contact with the discs then? Surely not, lots of strange noise if they do and yes probably damaged discs and more.

Reaction score
disks are very scored so will need replacing but dealer dont want to know, but they have said they will pay me for pads i fitted ferodo race pads,and while i was at it i changed the front ones.they had unipart ones fitted so £123 later all is good.as for the ecu bracket they said they never knew about that and have never had to relpace one before??????

Reaction score
Woody, all that sounds like BS to me. As you are in Camberley you didn't buy the T from Mill Lane near Aldershot did you?

They replaced my ECU bracket, so if it's them that are saying they haven't done it before, it's porky pie time.

Reaction score
It sound like a broken bracket is a fairly minor thing compared to having no rear brakes! Think I've got off lightly.

Reaction score
my mk1 172 bracket snapped, that was 8 years ago its a common fault, just put a washer over it...job done...i wouldnt let the dealers fiddle on with the ecu...especially as they claim never to have seen one before...

Attachments

• 100_2692.jpg
    100_2692.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 414
Reaction score
brought the car from martins renault in basingstoke formally owned by another member on here call FORBES No 172 waiting till i got time to take it over ill be happy with a big washer dont really want them fiddling with it.got my first autosolo 1st march and want it in 1 piece for that