Driveshafts

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Hi Guys.

I'm fitting new drive shafts, I went to order 2 new ones from Renault but was informed that they no longer supply them. I've ended up ordering a set of refurbished shafts instead.

The part numbers for the 182 cup / Trophy shafts are as follows..

O/S - 8200 372 166
N/S - 8200 372 167

The part numbers for the set I've received are different from the ones above. I think this is because they're supplied as a exchanged units and have different part numbers.

Can anyone confirm this?

Once received..

O/S - 8201 187 820 (exchanged)
N/S - 8201 187 799 (exchanged)

Thanks.

IMG_1128.JPG

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I think the O/S shaft I received is brand new, it has the original part number sticker and the original style clips that fasten the boots, it also looks new, especially compared to the N/S shaft which actually shows signs of refurbishment, that one also has the sticker with the exchanged part number. The O/S shaft may well be refurbished but it looks very clean.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I think the O/S shaft I received is brand new, it has the original part number sticker and the original style clips that fasten the boots, it also looks new, especially compared to the N/S shaft which actually shows signs of refurbishment, that one also has the sticker with the exchanged part number. The O/S shaft may well be refurbished but it looks very clean.
Send them to me and I'll check 'em out for you mate... no charge... ;)

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
What a kind offer. I think I'll just hang on to them for now :wink:

The guy at Renault said it would be £290 (each) for new ones! The refurbished shafts were £147 each. Hopefully they will be available for a while longer.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
When you say refurbished, did you have to hand over your old ones as a part ex? It's pretty crappy that parts are becoming unavailable already, it was only just recently that the taps ran dry on 5GTT parts and that's after 25 years.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
£30 added onto the £147 which is refunded if I hand an old one back. I should point out that I ordered them from K-Tec after Renault told me that they no longer supplied them. I knew the ones from K-Tec were refurbished shafts but I didn't realise they had separate part numbers, should have figured really.

I'm presuming that Renault will supply you with refurbished units if you ask for the part numbers above. K-Tec receive the parts from Renault and send any old ones back to them for refurbishment. The guy in parts didn't make me aware of this as I just asked for new shafts and give him the part numbers.

Someone on here with access to the parts database can confirm this, surely?

Last edited: