Reaction score
Hello, My name is James, I have a Subaru Impreza WRX STi-8, with various modifications, which have upped the power to 487bhp :) However, although this has made the car bonkers fast (sub 4 to 60:)) this has made the car rather expensive to run, and its becoming a bit much as a daily driver. My business is doing rather well lately, and I have got the following options:

Sell My beloved Impreza, and buy something sensible (like a BMW 5 series)
Keep The Impreza, tune it up alot more (go for 650bhp+) and buy a daily driver

Im thinking of the second choice, after driving a 182, and a Trophy I can honesty say the Trophy is noticeibly more fun! however, I do not like the colour AT ALL!

This leaves me 2 further scenairios:

Get a 182 with cup packs (I've dont my research) In Black Gold, and make it into a Trophy (Seats suspension etc etc)

Get a Trophy and paint it a different colour.

I know painting it will devalue it, but its only my daily driver so its going to get thrashed and ruined anyway.

How much am I lookingat for a full colour change on a trophy to say, Black Gold? Engine and interior out, and if anyone could recomend an paint shop in West country I would appreiate this very much.

thanks

hyb

Reaction score
Your probably better off getting a black 182 and doing the trophy modifcations to that.
Grab some coilovers, speedline wheels, recaro's and your nearly there :)

Welcome btw! :D

I'd go for option 2 as well though, you'll be bored rigid going to a 5 series from that spec scooby. I missed my wrx after I sold that :(

Reaction score
Change the colour of a trophy!!! :shock: :evil:

Your best bet is to buy a 182 or a 182 cup and put LEDA suspension on it. That will make it a lot of fun. Some of the late 182s/ cups already have the recaro seats in so worth having a look around for one.

Reaction score
I always thought the Trophy would look good in white with the 'trophy' decals on the side in red silver or black

Reaction score
I'm with Jezza on this one.

Why would you want to buy a perfectly good limited production car (that might or might not become collectable in the future) and then ruin it by firstly repainting it and secondly by thrashing it into the ground?

Buy a cup and modify the suspension and fit some decent seats and then you can cane it to your heart's content and have whatever colour you like.

Reaction score
It would be cheaper to have it professionally wraped in vinyl in the color of your choice.

Then all you would need to do is remove it come re-sale time.

A friend of mine did his M3 CSL in white with motorsport colours across the bonnet.

I think a white Trophy would look ace, after all it did nearly come in white.

Reaction score
er...why would you destroy a Trophy by re-painting it and then thrashing and ruining it, do you not realise it's a better driver's car than an Impreza and that might be a bit of a wanky thing to do?

I suggest you do as the others have suggested and buy a 182 cup with recaro seats and fit trick suspension to it. Or buy a 5-series, they're really good, you could get the new 535d and get lots of miles to a tank. You can spend the extra cash you save getting even more power out of the Scooby and go for the Santa Pod 4.5 sec record.

Reaction score
the BM.

better build quality, more refinement, better dealers, it'll last longer and be easier to sell on.

glad to help

Reaction score
I think you are correct, i should just go for a standard 182 with cup packs and leave it lol.

ho tempting is it to sell the scooby and buy a new M5 :d

Reaction score
Demon Tweeks sell the Recaro Trendlines if you have deep pockets ;) & I've always got a 182 up my sleeve hehe.