Clio Trophy 'Engineered Art' - Customised laser etched blueprint!

Reaction score
Hi Guys, my name is Dan and I am the owner of Black Art Graphics and we produce 'Engineered Art', bespoke technical illustrations of your pride and joy, laser engraved on an anodised brushed aluminium plaques.

We personalise each one with the owners name, the number plate and VIN, and for limited edition cars like the Trophy, we can include the limited edition plaque with the build number included! :up:

Renault+Clio+182+Trophy+LR.jpg

(We have added tyre profiles to all drawings since this one was created!)

We can also include modifications such as lowered suspension, aftermarket wheels and brakes and modified technical specifications, though these do cost a bit extra depending on how long everything takes. For reference, we usually charge £7.50 for an aftermarket set of wheels/lowered suspension.

Our normal price is £139 at our A3 size (420 x 297 x 3mm) for a factory specification vehicle with the owners name, numberplate & VIN, however we are going to run a short two day flash sale offering the Trophy for just £65, including the personalised Trophy plaque too!

We'll be putting this flash sale live on Friday afternoon and it will run till Sunday night at the £65 price!

You can check out some of our testimonials here, and also see more of our work on facebook and instagram.

If anyone would like one modified to match their tuned car, let me know and I'll see what we can do.

Any questions, feel free to ask away!

Reaction score
Hi Dan, that looks the biz! Put me down for one please. how do I go about ordering and giving you my car's details (#31) (on Friday during the sale)?

Reaction score
Hi Dan, that looks the biz! Put me down for one please. how do I go about ordering and giving you my car's details (#31) (on Friday during the sale)?

I'll post a link up to a dedicated listing for the Trophy, you can order direct on the website entering all required details on the order form! :cool:

Unfortunately the platform we use for the website doesn't allow Paypal integration so it's credit/debit card payments only. We can offer paypal as a backup if that's an issue, but we'll still need you to put an order through the website as usual using a 100% discount code, just so it gets logged in the order system and all the automated receipts go out etc. :up:

Reaction score
Great, thanks for the info. I've spotted that you've only got a bloomin' Elise blueprint too. More expense!!

Reaction score
Oh yes! Lotus stuff is official factory endorsed too, genuine Lotus merchandise!

Only issue is we're still 'in approval' with the engineering department on all models at the moment!

Reaction score
Oooo these look good, very good! Any chance of a discount on a TVR Chimaera plaque if I order both?
Cheers,
Rich

Reaction score
Very Nice,
wil have a think by sunday.
Out of interest could you also do the seat plates? The reason I ask is i am likley to have a newer lower version in my car by next year which means I will be loosing the orginal one for the time being. They are obviously much smaller.

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
I would also like to take one of these with my Trophy details on the Art Piece (Reg, Number, VIN)

How do i like the other go about paying for this ?

Reaction score
Is there any chance they can be created without your imprint on them?

Do you produce them for the Alfa Romero 1750 as well?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi Guys. Flash sale is now live here: http://www.blackartgraphics.com/renault/renaultsport-clio-182-trophy

Will be that price until Sunday. :)

Seems I didn't tick the box to receive email notifications of replies, sorry for the delayed responses!

Oooo these look good, very good! Any chance of a discount on a TVR Chimaera plaque if I order both?
Cheers,
Rich

We can offer a small discount on postage and packing if you'd like us to add another plaque to the box. Drop me an email to dan@blackartgraphics.com and I'll arrange that for you. :)

Very Nice,
wil have a think by sunday.
Out of interest could you also do the seat plates? The reason I ask is i am likley to have a newer lower version in my car by next year which means I will be loosing the orginal one for the time being. They are obviously much smaller.

As in, could I engrave some replacement plates? Possibly, drop me an email and let me know exactly what it is you're looking for and I'll see what I can do.

looks really good, any chance of a better pic, so we can read the info, thanks

Hopefully this has uploaded the full res version...

attachment.php

I would also like to take one of these with my Trophy details on the Art Piece (Reg, Number, VIN)

How do i like the other go about paying for this ?

The flash sale is now live here! http://www.blackartgraphics.com/renault/renaultsport-clio-182-trophy

Is there any chance they can be created without your imprint on them?

Do you produce them for the Alfa Romero 1750 as well?

Not something we generally offer, that's a standard template on all designs, we'd need to rearrange the whole title block or have a blank box where the logo was if we removed it. The only exceptions are the official Lotus products, and even then we still keep the BAG logo in a different location and at a reduced size.

Closest to the 1750 we can easily do is the GTV 2000, would it perhaps be possible to adapt from that model if the body is mostly the same?

Here's our GTV 2000

Attachments

• Renault Clio 182 Trophy.jpg
    Renault Clio 182 Trophy.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 102
Reaction score
The company logo I dont mind so much but out of interest.. the disclaimer.. would you be legally able to remove it from the art. Then print it on a sticker and add it. It would then be supplied as such with a disclaimer and the owners "fault" should it be removed.

I apprciate the need for it.

Chris

Reaction score
The company logo I dont mind so much but out of interest.. the disclaimer.. would you be legally able to remove it from the art. Then print it on a sticker and add it. It would then be supplied as such with a disclaimer and the owners "fault" should it be removed.

I apprciate the need for it.

Chris

There's no strict legal requirement for it, however that's somewhat a standard practice for engineering drawings in general, there'll almost always be a 'this is the property of XYZs engineering bla bla bla' type note and when I created this template from an actual engineering drawing I was doing at the time (I used to be a proper CAD draughtsman) I thought that would be a good place to note that we weren't attempting to pass these off as official manufacturer drawings.

It's no issue to delete it if that's what you want, however it's bit of an unusual request. May I ask why that particular detail is undesired? Nobody's ever asked that before!

Reaction score
If that's something that a lot of people want then I am sure I can work something out, I can shuffle the title block to remove those boxes as it will look wrong with blank spaces.

Out of interest is the general idea to make it look less like a third party product and more like an proper Renault drawing? So long as you don't ask for the trademarked logos, that's fine! :)

Reaction score
Out of interest is the general idea to make it look less like a third party product and more like an proper Renault drawing? So long as you don't ask for the trademarked logos, that's fine! :)

Basically, you hit the nail on the head.

Even if the 'Clio Trophy' was put in it's place again. You cannot get enough Trophy!

Reaction score
Hi Dan,
I guess I like to try an associate it as official even though I know its not. Or rather ignor that its not offical rather than declaring that its not. Its just a peronal preference. I think its an exceelent idea and pleased your kickstarter got going.

I would much rather have somthing like

Date Acquired: 13/02/15
Mileage:82,xxx.

in that box if it was possible to personalise it a little more.

Renault%20Clio%20182%20Trophy%20art%20dis_zpswawqci7x.gif

Chris

Reaction score
I've discussed this with my partner and we're not entirely happy about removing that to make it appear official. It's beyond the scope of what we were doing with the flash sale (the whole idea being to do a larger quantity with no or minimal customisation) and certainly not something we would advertise on the website as it's circumventing precautions we have put in place to ensure that we don't attract the attention of IP lawyers.

That being said, we do offer 'custom commissions' in which we offer a much greater range of options, but you'll need to send us an email to discuss those in private. ;)

Reaction score
Hiya,

Trophy blueprint ordered. Hopefully you've all the details you need. Do you send a "proof" image out before you laser the sheet, so that I can be sure I'm happy with it?

Also, as soon as you are good to go with Lotus ones, please let me know, as I'd like to order a matching one!... also have a Peugeot 205 GTI 1.9 if you further expand your range.

Oh yes! Lotus stuff is official factory endorsed too, genuine Lotus merchandise!

Only issue is we're still 'in approval' with the engineering department on all models at the moment!