Car not starting :)

Reaction score
Hi All,

My Trophy is not starting???? :)

This has happened before a while back and had to get AA out. He mentioned that it's not getting any fuel and then cleaned the relays OR fuses on the right under the bonnet. It worked first time.

I have looked at the fuses and relays but all seem clean and I even used emery paper to clean them a little bit.

The battery has been on charge all day and is now full.
It seems to be turning over fine but just not starting???
Does anyone know what fuses/relays do individually (in the attached image) or are there any diagrams online?

Please help!!!

jsgthomson

Attachments

• IMG_1510.JPG
    IMG_1510.JPG
    374.8 KB · Views: 17
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Check that the pins on the relays have not pushed the contacts out of the bottom of the socket, that happened to me.

Reaction score
It could well be one of those three little brown relays in a row, as one of them is linked into the starter motor I believe. They are almost £20 each from Renault but I think alternatives (much cheaper!) are available. Hopefully someone will be along to confirm soon.

In the mean time, you could try switching them around or giving the pins/holes a good spray with electrical contact cleaner?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Cheers Guys!

It hasn't been starting properly for a while but would eventually start.. garage couldn't find the issue... now it's simply not starting at all... :worried:

So, it's ok to swap them around???? Sorry, I'm not a mechanic :smile:

Last edited:
Reaction score
HI

I have tried cleaning them and swapped them around but still the same. I called Renault and they don't know which one does what...
He also said that they are now black and not brown???? Does anyone know if that is correct?

Price £22 plus Vat each.

jsgthomson

Reaction score
I have just been able to start the car now... so I think after cleaning and spraying with cleaner yesterday I should go for 3 new relays... Any thoughts from anyone here... I could hear the pump too :)

jsgthomson

Reaction score
Not had any experience on a cold car that wouldnt start. hot usually points at the cranks sensor. Saw somw threads on cs about the wiring loom breaking. TBH if £100 of relays turns out to be a DIY fix. Thats pretty cheap for a clio.

Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone know or where can I find out which relay is for the fuel pump??

Attachments

• IMG_1510.JPG
    IMG_1510.JPG
    374.8 KB · Views: 6
Reaction score
Have you ckecked the mass ribbons, especially the one attached the gear box on the Co-driver‘s side (behind the wheel arch)? It caused my car not to start several times until we had a look.