Buyer Beware: The Barn Find...

photo_ed

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
This is currently being debated on another forum I frequent and it didn't half make me laugh, but to be honest I was equally horrified.

Back in August, a little Mini 1275GT sold through Collecting Cars, a pretty tatty example but low miles, a sketchy back story and a sought after rare colour. It sold for about £13.5k..

Now, fast forward a month or so to now, and the very same car comes up on another auction site, only now, I kid you not.... someone's thrown some "barn find dust" over it and is evidently set to be hoping to make a few quid given the £16k estimate. I'd never have thought in all my days that I'd see the day when covering a car with muck made it more valuable or saleable. Before and after pics below:

DSC09236.jpeg
As it appeared on CC in August.
1275_Barn.jpg
...and now. With added dust.

Absolutely nuts! :ROFLMAO:

NickReilly063

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
unbelievable Ed - where do we buy the dust from ???? mined you our cars at Huddersfield look like that if the pitch washer hasn't washed them in a few days.

Just been reviewing todays H&H results, and it looks like nothing is anywhere near the stupid estimated they publish at the moment - and with 15% buyers fees to add on top.

However I did think this would sell today but not for the estimate - maybe he needs some "barn fined dust" and contact CC's.

Ajracer

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I went into my carpeted/ heated garage today, removed her nice red cover, trickle charger and drove my cosseted shiny Trophy to K-Tec for her annual service and Mot in the most atrocious weather.
There were brown puddles everywhere which the van drivers and 4x4 smug bastards love to blast on through.
when I left she definitely looked like a barn find! On Collecting Cars soon!!

Reaction score
I went into my carpeted/ heated garage today, removed her nice red cover, trickle charger and drove my cosseted shiny Trophy to K-Tec for her annual service and Mot in the most atrocious weather.
There were brown puddles everywhere which the van drivers and 4x4 smug bastards love to blast on through.
when I left she definitely looked like a barn find! On Collecting Cars soon!!

Must have added about £4k to the value then :)

Reaction score
The automotive version of Pixie Dust 😂

That's a lovely looking GP2 Nick,I always thought they just needed some nice Recaro's to really finish them off,considering the image they were trying to put on that particular model.

photo_ed

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Reaction score
Is that a W2?

Looks to have a sunroof, not sure if they all had that or not?