Reaction score
Does anyone know if the build quality on the newish clio 197 and the new clio200 Is any better than the 172/182 as I have a 182 04 plate that continuously falls apart and so does my mates 172. I realy like the new clio but id like to hear some feedback on what you guys think of them before thinking of buying one.

Thanks Andy

Jay

Reaction score
Hi

I had a 197 which was great. Sold it to get my wife a Meggy 225 and I now have the Trophy.

Can't fault the 197 tbh. Excellent car and I do actually miss it. Deffinately more solid all round so you won't be dissapointed.

Reaction score
Build quality was much better in my 197 R27, Renault have really sorted it out on the new Model, have also been a passenger in a 200 and it seems equally as good, so you won't be disapointed. :)

Reaction score
My mates R27 had some overspray on 1 of the front wheels. New wheel fitted. Under warranty.
Drivers Recaro worn on side. New base of seat fitted. Under warranty.
Passanger seat used to wobble iirc. Sorted under warranty.

Appart from that it feels like a much more soild car than the 1*2's.

Reaction score
I test drove a 200 a couple of weeks back - the build quality is miles ahead of my Trophy.

In fact, I liked the car so much I decided to buy one. Now I just need to sell the Trophy...

Reaction score
scott said:
My mates R27 had some overspray on 1 of the front wheels. New wheel fitted. Under warranty.
Drivers Recaro worn on side. New base of seat fitted. Under warranty.
Passanger seat used to wobble iirc. Sorted under warranty.

Appart from that it feels like a much more soild car than the 1*2's.

Yeah i had the Recaro driverside seat base replaced and a wheel resprayed too as it was flaking :oops:

But apart from that it was spot on! :D

Reaction score
Well I had a testdrive in a 197 the other day and I have to say it is better built but it felt like a big car and not a hot hatch anymore. I was quite dissapointed as it seems all the fun is left in the 182s. My 182 feels like a grasshopper to drive to the newer models. Think I will be sticking with the 182.

Andy