Reaction score
Why not just use 95 for day to day driving and then use 99 for when your out for a blast? That seems to make sense.

Reaction score
Has anyone seen a noticeable difference between the 95 ron and higher octane fuels? As I use both from time to time and to be honest never seem to notice a difference in performance or economy but a possible better idle! I've seen a few tests been done but from what I can gather it seems to make more difference on a turbo charged engine.

Reaction score
Is it false economy though using 95 Ron? As in terms of the cleaning properties of the higher Ron fuels?

Reaction score
I have found with my 172 that over a period of time if I run 95 I get 29mpg, and with V Power I get 34mpg. So as some have said above, the extra cost is covered by the mpg increase. And it goes better too!!!! :D

Reaction score
I've only had my Trophy 5 weeks or so and after a couple of tank fulls switched to BP ultimate (97) from standard 95 and must say I noticed a difference. Car is less lumpy from cold and seems to pull better through the gears. Surprisingly it also seems willing to rev to the 7200rpm redline. A lot of the time on 95 the limiter would cut in at 6800rpm. Anyone else had this? :?

Reaction score
Well, when i bought my 172 over on the mainland, I had a hefty journey ahead of me (Stevenage > Stranraer in 7 hours inc rush hour :( )

So i bobbed into a Shell and brimmed it with the VPower stuff.

The car was smooth, powerful and revved like a nut box to the limiter

Since I have been home, I have filled it with the best I can as we dont have VPower here in NI at all.

Car is more notably lumpy at idle and is definately not as nutty at the top end.

Jj