Reaction score
when i set off in my car yesterday i heard a crunch and then as i was driving saw something fall over from underneath. turns out it is top bit of my spring thats snapped off... :cry:

has anyone ever had this happen? is it a product fault that renault will fix for free? also how much are springs? and whats it likly to cost to repair? is my car still safe to drive?

am completely baffled here so advise is appriciated thanks!!

Reaction score
Snapped springs seem to be quite a common fault on 182's but i've not heard or Reno replacing them for free! Looks like you will have to stump up, and the general advice seems to be it's best to replace springs in pairs too. So thats double the money. May be able to get some 2nd hand from a breaker or keep any eye out on ebay etc.

May also be worth looking at an upgrade. Loads of threads on this but Eibach's and Mark Fish seem to be the most common names that are mentioned.

Good luck. Keep us posted in you do manage to get a dealer to replace them for free.

Reaction score
cheers for the responses guys!
going to get it up on a ramp today and see the damage. i would love to upgrade the springs =P~ but this has come at a bad time realy - MOT and Tax due end of the month #-o

Also quick Q, as its a 182cup is the 182 spring the same or will it have to be replaced with a 182 cup one?

Will update on the mission at the Reno garage but doubtfull