182 ABS (suspected) problem.

Reaction score
So I only just bought my 182 on saturday, it has just passed its MOT earlier this month and the problem that I am encountering is when im going round a corner at around 25 to 30 mph and I turn the wheel quite sharply it seems that the ABS turns on and slows the car right down untill I turn out of the corner, i would have come to a full stop if I dident turn the wheel so I would be going straight. The abs light comes on now and then but I thought that would be due to new brakes fitted. Anyone have the same problem ?

Thankyou!

Reaction score
Best thing to do is get it plugged in before going further, anyone with a snap-on diagnostic equipment or rs tuner with abs function will be able to do this for you, that should give you more of an idea of where the fault is coming from as it could be a number of things.

Reaction score
Sounds like your ESP is malfunctioning.
Could be a combination of an ABS sensor and/or Steering angle sensor

Reaction score
Yes! finally it isn't just me.
My 182 does the same. I've already had diagnostics and everything done on it. They couldn't find anything out of order. I keep getting told it's the way I drive but no. No other car does that abs or not.

Reaction score
widdi said:
Yes! finally it isn't just me.
My 182 does the same. I've already had diagnostics and everything done on it. They couldn't find anything out of order. I keep getting told it's the way I drive but no. No other car does that abs or not.

lol apparently its the sensor behind the steering wheel, like at the moment untill repaired i dont have esp or abs !! :O