PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to the new ClioTrophy site!!!!

Nik
05-11-11, 03:30 AM
We hope you like the transformation. For some of you the vbulletin software will be familiar (i.e. ClioSport), but please take your time to look around.

There is still some work to be done so please be patient, and report any errors or problems in this thread.

'Trophy Owner' statuses, and ranks etc will be restored in the coming days.

Many thanks,

Nik

Nik
05-11-11, 03:50 AM
Some peoples avatars did not transfer correctly and show as 'username's avatar' in text. Please upload a new avatar to fix this.

hodgy21
05-11-11, 10:00 AM
What a pleasant surprise this morning! Excellent work on the new site.

Renaultsport
05-11-11, 10:15 AM
What a pleasant surprise this morning! Excellent work on the new site.

I agree! Thought I typed in a wrong address when the page loaded. Site looks awesome! Good job! :D

eljeffo64
05-11-11, 10:17 AM
Looks nice, did we lose the Garage feature?

eljeffo64
05-11-11, 10:55 AM
After a bit of surfing round the site I really like it, great job!

Apologies if this is already on your to do list; doesn't seem to be a link back from the shop to the main site.

Jeff

BenG
05-11-11, 11:39 AM
This is much nicer, nice work!

For some reason I couldn't log on under my usual password, I had to reset it before I could log on.

hodgy21
05-11-11, 11:52 AM
Me too.

trophy427
05-11-11, 11:55 AM
ILiking the new site.

Not sure if im correct but is the banner up the top, my trophy?

hoolio
05-11-11, 12:35 PM
Looking good, though to all those struggling to sign in it looks as if you need to reset so just go through the forgotten password feature.

BenG
05-11-11, 12:43 PM
ILiking the new site.

Not sure if im correct but is the banner up the top, my trophy?

Think so, looks awesome!

Jon.G
05-11-11, 04:26 PM
Just taken me about an hour to log in! Couldn't use my old password so had to reset it after 5 attempts. Said I needed to wait 15minutes as I was locked out but kept trying after 15 and said I was still locked. :(

Looks a million times better now. When are subscriptions being sorted?

Nik
05-11-11, 04:48 PM
Hmm, not sure what's gone wrong with the passwords, they should have been imported ok.

The garage information is still in the old forum database, Ive just got to see how getting that on here is going to be possible. There is a garage add on for vbulletin but may not be able to use the old data.

Subscriptions / memberships etc will be sorted in the coming weeks, but will focus on finishing the upgrade and bug fixing first.

liam1610
05-11-11, 04:51 PM
I just had to reset my password, but website looks much better :)

trophy427
05-11-11, 06:02 PM
Hey Nik.

How come you got my picture as your avatar?

Nik
05-11-11, 06:40 PM
It was just the first pic I had handy when setting up the avatar settings etc as I'd just got them from Dan at the time. It will be changed to something else soon.

aucky
05-11-11, 06:59 PM
Looking good, though to all those struggling to sign in it looks as if you need to reset so just go through the forgotten password feature.
Me too.

New layout looks fancy I'm struggling slightly with the wite on black

Claude
05-11-11, 08:42 PM
Great work Nik!

Aesthetically the upgrade is fantastic and looks really classy, very impressed and looking forward to discovering all the features.

Love a bit of UAT and hope you don't mind but I've spotted a few things:

"For further information and to report any issuse please click here" - "issuse" should be "issues"

The "Other Clios" section of the main Forum page is ordered - Mk2 Clio, Mk1 Clio, New Clio (Mk3) - can this be re-configured chronologically?

Tim

trophy380
05-11-11, 09:39 PM
New site looks real nice! :)

Renaultsport
05-11-11, 10:26 PM
Had a bit more time to play with the new site... Lovin it! I've noticed the Twitter link in the top right doesn't go to the CT page, just goes to the main Twitter page.

keo
06-11-11, 02:39 PM
New site looks good i am just having a look around now

Johnny E
06-11-11, 05:09 PM
Looks good

hoolio
07-11-11, 11:03 AM
When I first log in it does not upgrade my status until I click on a forum although it lists me as signed on, along with others, at the bottom of the page.

Cue
07-11-11, 01:44 PM
looks good - just getting used to it. Once I've had a play i'll report back if I spot any bugs.

Where's the garage function btw?

Nik
07-11-11, 02:51 PM
Cheers, Garage should be available in the next few days :)

power ranger
07-11-11, 05:05 PM
Well done new site looks great take a while getting used but all for the better!

Renaultsport
08-11-11, 11:43 AM
oooo Garage is back! :D

Nik
08-11-11, 11:47 AM
Yeah, garage still needs some work, but it's mainly usable and all the old data is in there. It was a long night last night lol...

Nik
08-11-11, 08:07 PM
Those of you having weird logged in but not logged in problems, that should now have been resolved. It was not tracking cookies if you moved between cliotrophy.co.uk and www.cliotrophy.co.uk

hoolio
08-11-11, 09:26 PM
Those of you having weird logged in but not logged in problems, that should now have been resolved. It was not tracking cookies if you moved between cliotrophy.co.uk and www.cliotrophy.co.uk (http://www.cliotrophy.co.uk)

Now seems to be fine.

MarcR
09-11-11, 08:24 PM
Nik the site is looking very smart and well done.
Love the colour scheme also.

Nik
09-11-11, 08:58 PM
I've changed the read / unread forum and thread icons so that they should hopefully make a bit more sense now.

Red icons now signifiy New / Unread Posts and white icons are old threads or sections with no new posts. I've turned off the 'hot posts' feature which makes thread icons red when threads are highly active as that was confusing things!!! Thanks for the feedback Marc

Supersonic
10-11-11, 02:59 PM
Looks great. Had to double check the address bar when I visited as it looks so different. I've still got to poke around yet but well done. :)

Beef-Mc
10-11-11, 07:24 PM
Thanks to Nik for sorting out my password reminder as well, despite my cryptic email to him!

eljeffo64
22-11-11, 03:53 PM
Nik - my garage info is missing the most important car - the Trophy!! (my other stuff is there though) had lots of data on the old site re my beloved T no 304, please tell me it's not all lost :eek:

ps - when do we get further info re membership status (and extra stars ;)) ?

aucky
23-11-11, 12:38 AM
I miss my stars, feel like a right peasant with only one :(

Matbrown
23-11-11, 12:56 AM
Any chance of an 'Active topics' button?

aucky
23-11-11, 01:05 AM
Thanks for all the effort Nik, I'm pretty tech happy but little to no experience in web deisgn etc (bar myspace HTML) but if I could help I would :)

Rob Vox
28-11-11, 12:08 AM
Cracking work Nik Looks much better and keets the spam out :) good job !

hodgy21
09-12-11, 09:10 AM
Will we be getting our Trophy owner status back?

aucky
24-12-11, 03:14 AM
Loving the snowflakes :D

hoolio
07-03-12, 10:00 PM
Just noticed that there are some photo's of someone else's car in my car number thread - 307. Is this related to the problem Jeff had losing pictures from his "Garage"

son of solo
23-03-12, 07:54 PM
Hey i'm back - cant send messages though???
i type them out hit send and it all looks good, but if i go into my sent messages box theres nothing in there?
what im i doing wrong?

hoolio
23-03-12, 08:03 PM
I was going to highlight this. I'm fairly certain the messages are going but not appearing in the sent msg bit though I have had a several messages not replied to which I just thought was them being f*cking rude after asking advice so maybe there is a problem.

Welcome back BTW, so what's the current ride?

BenG
23-03-12, 08:21 PM
I was going to highlight this. I'm fairly certain the messages are going but not appearing in the sent msg bit though I have had a several messages not replied to which I just thought was them being f*cking rude after asking advice so maybe there is a problem.

Welcome back BTW, so what's the current ride?

J, When I log into the moderator control panel and click on a users settings i've noticed there is an option to select whether sent messages are shown in the sent messages folder, mine is unchecked, as is yours, as is everyone elses I would imagine. It doesn't allow me to alter any settings so this is one which Nik will have to look into.

Your messages may or may not be sending but don't persume they are not sending because they don't appear in the sent messages folder.

:)
Ben

Nik
23-03-12, 11:12 PM
This is a user setting in the general settings section of your user control panel.

The default is not to save sent messages to avoid filling up your mailbox storage allowance. Bit of an annoying default though so I might change that.

http://www.cliotrophy.co.uk/profile.php?do=editoptions

You need to make sure the option is set as follows:

Sent Private Messages:

Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items (http://www.cliotrophy.co.uk/private.php?folderid=-1) folder by default
Don't save a copy of sent messages

When sending private messages the forum can make a copy of the message in your Sent Items folder.

BenG
23-03-12, 11:37 PM
Cheers Nik, I didn't realise the option was there.

hoolio
24-03-12, 01:31 AM
Now sorted, thanks. So thats a couple of members def off my xmas list :)

The other thing that is fairly crap is the very basic search function. I was looking for something the other day that i knew was here but couldn't filter enough and it kept bringing up huge numbers of threads.
Also the "garage" doesn't seem very useable?

son of solo
24-03-12, 12:15 PM
ha - someone must have the same message x 10 in their in box today - still no reply tho

marrow
24-03-12, 02:49 PM
I can't send any private messages, the message I get is "reached my stored message quota, so need to make space".

But how?!!

hoolio
24-03-12, 03:31 PM
Delete them Mark, the quota for stored messages on the the new site is 50 as opposed to 200 previously, I had to get rid of a lot ​of mine.

son of solo
31-03-12, 07:35 PM
tried posting in the wanted section twice now - each time the post shows up in the recent posts on the main page but if i go into the actual wanted section it isnt there - or i'm missing it somehow?

Renaultsport
01-04-12, 10:57 AM
tried posting in the wanted section twice now - each time the post shows up in the recent posts on the main page but if i go into the actual wanted section it isnt there - or i'm missing it somehow?

It is there, but for some reason this section doesn't seem to default in date order, give this a try: http://www.cliotrophy.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php/155-Wanted?sort=lastpost&order=desc

Nik
01-04-12, 11:31 AM
I've increased PM quota, fixed the forum sort order, and am just rebuilding the search index.

Hopefully this should solve most of these issues.

Jon.G
06-04-12, 02:41 PM
Nik, did you get my PM regarding my shop order?

Jon.G
07-04-12, 01:43 PM
Got the sticker today Nik, Just waiting on the tax disc holder now :D

Forgot you lived Lanzarote.

Andy-Reid
05-01-13, 11:44 PM
hi i cant upload pics of my cars ? there are not many colour choices for cars and how do i put a profile picture in??
andy

hoolio
06-01-13, 01:38 AM
Well yes, we don't need that many that many colour choices for our cars!

K4donna
10-12-13, 10:35 PM
Hi Nick
i have received an e mail reporting 5 incorrect attempts to access my account. I wasn't sure if it was initially a spam e mail and I posted on here to see if anyone else had the same e mail, but Marc has told me to pm you.
on a different note I'm not sure if pure coincidence or not but I see the personalised tax disc holders are now available in the shop but when I click on it it tells me the item isn't available? Am I being impatient or is it my computer? Many thanks, Donna

Nik
11-12-13, 02:02 PM
Hi Donna,

Unless you continue to get these, I wouldn't be overly worried, but if you'd like to PM me the IP address and any other information from the email, I'll look at blocking them.

As always it's a good idea if you make sure that your password is of good quality, ideally using letters, numbers, symbols and a mix of lower and upper case characters if possible, to make it much more difficult for anyone to gain access.

Regarding the Tax Disc Holders, they have been available for some time now, but are currently out of stock. Due to the government plans to scrap the paper tax disc next year, it is unlikely that I'll be getting any more as they have to be purchased in bulk up front, and i'm unlikely to sell many more now. I will remove the new item from the homepage.