PDA

View Full Version : Dampers Refurbishment!?

20-12-10, 04:09 PM
Hi Guys,

Was looking into getting all my dampers refurbed but dont know where to go?

I hear everyone going on about "BG motorsport" but i live about 400 miles away in Dunfermline. Is there anywhere in Scotland that has the same reputation for this kind of work?

Cheers,
Cammy#78

Trophy#110
20-12-10, 04:17 PM
I would also love to know as I'm even further away up in Aberdeenshire!

Sir_Dave
20-12-10, 04:35 PM
Just stick them in a box & give em to DHL!

tallandy
20-12-10, 04:48 PM
Yup I think most people take them off and post them down. Even better take them off and take the springs off (saves on the labour charges).

BenG
20-12-10, 06:39 PM
As above.

They are easy to remove, they are fitted with 2 bolts and 3 nuts.
If you can use a spanner you are more than qualified, you dont really need spring compressors to remove the springs either. You do however need a deep offset ring spanner to remove the top mount nut and it helps if you spray the top mount nut with unilease a few hours before.

It cost me around 40 to post from Cumbria when I had mine done.

vbdub
20-12-10, 07:37 PM
As above.

They are easy to remove, they are fitted with 2 bolts and 3 nuts.
If you can use a spanner you are more than qualified, you dont really need spring compressors to remove the springs either. You do however need a deep offset ring spanner to remove the top mount nut and it helps if you spray the top mount nut with unilease a few hours before.

It cost me around 40 to post from Cumbria when I had mine done.

How long did it take for yours to be refurbished? I've probably got to get it done soon and can't be without the car for too long!

tallandy
20-12-10, 08:33 PM
Phone them and ask: http://www.bgmotorsports.co.uk/contact.html

Depends on how busy they are.

trophy380
20-12-10, 10:58 PM
I had to book mine in and had to wait for a couple of weeks, but once BG had them the turn around was very quick! 2-3 days.

BenG
20-12-10, 11:40 PM
How long did it take for yours to be refurbished? I've probably got to get it done soon and can't be without the car for too long!

I got mine back in about 5/6 days which included all the delivery time. I don't think they will be too busy this time of year.