PDA

View Full Version : Nice find - Orbisoud Exhaust

richjones76
07-06-09, 04:25 PM
Hi all,

I bought my Trophy yesterday and enjoyed every second of driving it the 120 miles back home. When looking at the pictures of the trophy on autotrader before I bought it I noticed the tail pipes looked slightly different to the standard tail pipes.

Now the rain has stopped today I got under the car and had a good look at it. It is an Orbisoud Exhaust system which appears to be the same as this one.... viewtopic.php?f=23&t=6505&p=56849&hilit=orbisoud (http://cliotrophy.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=6505&p=56849&hilit=orbisoud) . After looking at a fe wposts on here it seems to be a very high spec and expensive system. anyone got any more information on this system such as potential power gains,opinions etc.

Having never driven a standard tropghy I have nothing to compare it with but I do love the sound it makes and how it looks.

Rich

Ronnie147
07-06-09, 04:34 PM
very lucky. same happened to me. i bought number 307 few months ago from from salvage auction and when we took for mot the tester told us that it was a very expensive system and very rare. i thought he was joking and he told me to search for k-techs website and then i realised i was very lucky. they were selling the last orbisoud system for 975. this system should be standard on every trophy and i love mine.

i have blue clio 182 which is being repaired at the moment. it needs some parts to install standard exhaust and then i can compare standard to orbisoud exhaust

richjones76
07-06-09, 04:52 PM
That will be an interesting comparison. Are there two versions (loud and soft). I have no idea which mine is but if its the soft I would love to hear the loud as it is pretty loud already!

hoolio
07-06-09, 05:36 PM
Yep that is a massive brucey bonus.

Anyway this thread throws up several interesting points:
1/ there are more Orbisoud out there than I thought.
2/ Ronnie you have the same number (307) as the one I have sitting outside.

BenG
07-06-09, 05:41 PM
2/ Ronnie you have the same number (307) as the one I have sitting outside.

:lol:

Better check to see if its still there !

hoolio
07-06-09, 05:57 PM
As I KNOW I've got the real one its not up to me to do the checking ;-)