PDA

View Full Version : Newbie saying hi and have a question.

Josh T
15-04-09, 06:03 PM
thought i would just say hi, i have lovely 04 182 full fat cup and what great cars. A friend of mine has a trophy and told me about the site so thought i would sign up. I have been a big corrado enthusiast up until this point and regularly used there forum as it was a great wealth of knowledge and help.

Anyway my 182 is a cracking car i just have one question. Just recently it has adopted what i can only describe as creak for the front right strut area.. I've been onto ren-tech who have done all the servicing on it and they suggested i get the top mount mod done.. but its not the same noise as you get on full lock.. i know it's a common fault on them but mine is actually that bad. I've had a good nose around and all bushes, ball joints etc look good, i just wondered if anyone had the experienced the same noise.. its by no means bad and only when i pull away, it sounds like something could be dry? anyone have any ideas?

cheers josh

keith185
15-04-09, 07:20 PM
I have a slight creak sometimes from the front arch, sounds like a plastic rubbing sound.

Done as you have and checked everything I could, but found nothing, no other symptons,

:?:

artdealer
15-04-09, 10:35 PM
There is a simple mod to elongate the hole in the inner wing. Voila! the noise will be gone. (paint around the hole though :) )

T5PHY
16-04-09, 11:03 AM
As Artdealer says really - it's a fairly common problem on the 172/182 range.

1 question, how have you got a full fat cup? you mean a full fat with cup packs? :wink:

Josh T
17-04-09, 07:57 PM
T5PHY- yeah sorry its a 182 with both cup packs :)

artdealer- could you elaborate on what i need to do? slightly confused on what you mean...

g40steve
17-04-09, 09:01 PM
Get the SS washers from cliosport as the fix AD suggests is drastic. Angle grinder :D

They all do it so don't worry.

stormduck
17-04-09, 09:19 PM
I get a knock after i reverse off my drive, turn hard to left, go to first gear and start turning to right as i pull away slowly, and just as i move forward the car makes a donk noise from front susp. area somewhere.....deem this to be normal....if this sounds something similar to yours?

g40steve
17-04-09, 10:39 PM
I get a knock after i reverse off my drive, turn hard to left, go to first gear and start turning to right as i pull away slowly, and just as i move forward the car makes a donk noise from front susp. area somewhere.....deem this to be normal....if this sounds something similar to yours?

They all do it.

Ajr
17-04-09, 11:10 PM
Mine doesn't!

It does drive like a drunken 182 though...

hoolio
17-04-09, 11:53 PM
Mine doesn't!

Blimey mate, nothing against the huge amount that you've done but maybe its time to get it to someone who knows them inside and out.

BenG
17-04-09, 11:59 PM
Mine doesn't!

Im really curious what the cause of your handling problem is mate !